Solid applicant looking for CA-1/PGY-2 Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFrench

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am exploring all avenues to find a CA-1/PGY-2 position for July 2012. About me: I completed a categorical year of neurosurgery and decided that it wasn't for me. I have relinquished my residency position and have been on the job hunt since July. Strong letters of recommendation from prior Chair, PD and from an anesthesiologist whom I went to Haiti with recently on a medical mission trip. Competitive board scores, team player, multiple publications and I am not an axe murderer. Anything else? Perhaps I should have simply posted, "Will sweep OR floors for a CA-1 position"...

If anyone out there in forum land is interested please contact me. I have been applying to advanced positions through ERAS but have found that many programs prefer outside of the match routes for advanced track applicants.

Dr. French

Members don't see this ad.

My hospital has a number of positions for people just like you... the competition is stiff for advanced positions.
email me if you are interested and I will give you the contact info for our program coordinator.
[email protected]

The University of Michigan also has spots for people like you. Contact Dr. Sanford if you're interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to those who responded. I am investigating those positions now. To everyone else, I am still interested!

Dr. French!!

I'm a currently PGY1 in general surgery and I did a pre-residency in neurosurgery last year... My goal is to be a neurosurgery but I did not match last year. Now I'm looking for a PGY2 in neurosurgery. Do you mind to tell me in which institution you were doing neurosurgery. Probably they are looking for a PGY2 and I think I'm an excellent candidate. I have good letters of recommendations.

Thanks for your help

V22