some advice from someone retaking it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slashnroses19

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm retaking the dat next month. i missed a lot of easy ones cause i overlooked some concepts in gchem in destroyer. the bio and ochem i did solid on with a 19. but again i could have done better cause i overlooked some easy destroyer concepts. nancy and dr. romano are helpful, and are great communicators.
i also recommend not studying off practice exams too much so much cause the problems are rarely identical. i felt i did that too much and i suffered. you may be better off just studying kaplan or simple text books the week before. save them for the very last week. the exam is very basic but you have to come in very calm. i recomend going to the test center hours early to get aquainted with the area instead of just driving there and taking it. if going through destroyer i reccomend reading the bio solutions like a regular book at the back. another tip, as simple as it sounds, make sure you know every name and element of the periodic table. and general properties of each period/row. all this advice may seemed jumbled but its because i'm off task at work, they moved me to the front desk at the dentist office so now i have to pretend to be nice to people:laugh: so my final recommended priority list for the few weeks before the exam would be

1. destroyer 2. kaplan bb 3. topscore/achiever 4. kaplan flashcards

the priority that got me a 18aa/20 pat was 1. topscore/achiever 2. destroyer. 3. kaplan

Members don't see this ad.

i'm retaking the dat next month. i missed a lot of easy ones cause i overlooked some concepts in gchem in destroyer. the bio and ochem i did solid on with a 19. but again i could have done better cause i overlooked some easy destroyer concepts. nancy and dr. romano are helpful, and are great communicators.
i also recommend not studying off practice exams too much so much cause the problems are rarely identical. i felt i did that too much and i suffered. you may be better off just studying kaplan or simple text books the week before. save them for the very last week. the exam is very basic but you have to come in very calm. i recomend going to the test center hours early to get aquainted with the area instead of just driving there and taking it. if going through destroyer i reccomend reading the bio solutions like a regular book at the back. another tip, as simple as it sounds, make sure you know every name and element of the periodic table. and general properties of each period/row. all this advice may seemed jumbled but its because i'm off task at work, they moved me to the front desk at the dentist office so now i have to pretend to be nice to people:laugh: so my final recommended priority list for the few weeks before the exam would be

1. destroyer 2. kaplan bb 3. topscore/achiever 4. kaplan flashcards

the priority that got me a 18aa/20 pat was 1. topscore/achiever 2. destroyer. 3. kaplan

Thank buddy