some advice needed please

Started by vashka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vashka

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I just finished my first year of law school. I am taking a year off to take post-bacc classes, but I am not sure what to do afterwards. My law school gpa was crap(2.8), so I am not sure whether I should go back and do better or just screw it and go for an SMP. My undergrad gpa is a 3.32 and my current sci gpa is a 2.9 which I am certainly going to fix( I also haven't finished taking my pre-reqs). I have the capacity to pull in a 3.5 in both undergrad and sci by the end of my planned courses this year. I haven't taken the MCAT yet, and I am also a female URM. I am now only interested in going to an allopathic school. I am thinking of going the SMP route instead of applying this year 'cause I would like to gain an upper hand on the USMLE and the first 2yrs of medical school, and I would waste a year sitting around anyway if I had to wait for my acceptance letters. Well my question is, should I finish my last 2yrs of law school to get up that gpa and maybe prove that I can perform on a grad school level(which I think the SMP would prove, right?). I just don't want my awful period of law to ruin my chances of gaining acceptance. Anyway, my rant is over now 🙂