Step II Some advice on what to do next?

Started by surgicel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

surgicel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exams in 10-12 days
Step 1- average

Looking to break a 240+

UW 1st time 62%, 2nd time 78%
Still have NBME 4 left, gave 7-215

I've gone through MTB like 4 times, I still have 3 exams nbme 4, UWSA and the real 150 to give. Will give those in upcoming days

Should I pick up another bank? Rx or kaplan? Or just plow through UW again as much as I can, how should I spend the rest of my remaining few days. I feel like I've read MTB enough, just need to memorize some points. Any suggestions
 
In regard to the NBME you did take, were there specific areas you had deficits in or was your bar graph fairly even? If you had some subjects you were more deficient in, I would focus on those. Review UW but make sure you know why you are getting the questions wrong that you do. The topics repeat; make sure you aren't repeating the same mistakes. Good luck!
 
To be very honest I don't think I was serious on nbme 7, going over my mistakes I made some gross errors, probably due to the fact that I wasn't really focused that day, I had other things on my mind, but I'll give nbme 4 tomorrow and see how things are, but generally speaking everything was average for me on nbme 7
 
That's a very important thing to note. Careless mistakes are mistakes, but ones that you can make up for. Do your best to make sure that you take it as if it is the real thing. Otherwise, it won't be very helpful to you.
 
I'm consistently weak in Obs/gyn and psych,
On the nbme, but they are my best subjects in Uworld, is there any source to do more of these questions besides uworld, should I use another bank or do a book like BRS or take the nbme practice shelf subject exams? Any suggestions?