some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lakersbaby

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi im thinking of either urology or ENT a lil more towards ENT. I really want to be in california with my family or NY where i have some family at least. i know these two cities are very competitive so can i have some advice on how to strengthen my application so i can match there.
249/99 step 1
1 publication in pediatric EM
research in facial development
 
I would strongly consider doing an away rotation in one of the cities you're interested in. I would not advise doing a rotation at two different programs in the same region as there is often a subtle (sometimes not so subtle) sense of competition between programs. For sure do a rotation at your home institution and try to get connected with a mentor. I'd also consider doing a small research project in Oto.