Nov 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok guys i need some advice. While attending one interview, i felt like it was going pretty well. Upon leaving, the interviewer had asked where else I applied... After telling him he said ''hopefully you dont go there so you can come here''. Is this the false excitement an enthusiast can create, or is this somewhat legit? Let me know what you think! Its gonna be a long November haha

rickblas

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2008
NYC
Status
Dental Student
Ok guys i need some advice. While attending one interview, i felt like it was going pretty well. Upon leaving, the interviewer had asked where else I applied... After telling him he said ''hopefully you dont go there so you can come here''. Is this the false excitement an enthusiast can create, or is this somewhat legit? Let me know what you think! Its gonna be a long November haha
Hey I had something similar occur to me at one of my interviews. The interviewer asked me where else I interviewed and at the time I had only been to USC and I told him USC. After that, the interviewer continued to tell me that "O that would be a big change going from NYC to los angeles and i dont think USC would be the school for you, you should consider going elsewhere." I don't know what he meant if he was trying to signal that he wanted me to go to that school instead but the way is I see it is that in the end even if the interviewer likes you it is the adcoms who make the final decision usually in a group setting....but it is always a plus!!

Jul 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
had something similar happen to me yesterday! the assistant dean asked me what other schools i had interviews at and he went on to say im for sure going to get accepted into 2 specific ones and then said "i hope our school is smart enough to accept you"

that all sounds great but what is it supposed to even meannn??

Oct 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
One of my interviewers got me really excited after the interview as well. I am trying my hardest not to over think it because in the end I do not know if one person really liking me will mean acceptance....I am happy to see others feel the same way!

But they don't need to tell us things we want to hear....do they??

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
Cautious optimism. I've been told by some of my interviewers that I did "really well" or that "I really hope you come to our school". Sure, it's an ego boost and made me feel really good, but I'm not pinning my hopes on anything until I have an acceptance letter in hand!

Nov 5, 2009
Status
Dentist
Not to be Debby Downer here, but try not to get your hopes up just in case. I had an interviewer ask me "So what are your plans if you don't get into dental school this year? Though looking at your application and how this interview has gone that won't be something you'll have to think about." And then I got wait listed there that year and flat out rejected without interview the next year. Just saying, I got really excited and was crushed when I didn't get in. I don't want that to happen to you too.

Oct 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Thats terrible! I wish they wouldn't say stuff like that unless it mean't a sure thing. I am trying not to get my hopes up but its hard when becoming a dentist is my dream. November is going to be a long month.