Some help with a WAMC/school list --> MD only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needthatmd

Reaction score
2021-22 Applicant (just seeking advice for now)
  1. cGPA: 3.72 (sGPA 3.7)
  2. MCAT score: 521 (131/130/130/130)
  3. State of residence: VA
  4. Ethnicity: White
  5. Undergraduate institution: state school
  6. Clinical experience: 250+ hours at primary care clinic as an intern (MA-type role).
  7. Research experience: ~1.5 years of research experience, absent since March due to COVID, no publications.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 110+ hours (3 diff specialties including primary care)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~200 hours at food bank, underprivileged youth mentoring, HS tutoring, assisting ESL staff
  10. Other extracurricular activities: Raising money through club chapter at school for rural South American areas. Member (and now head) of swing + dance team for 4 years. Organized a large student-run event for last 2 years. 30 hours hospital volunteering
  11. School list: in state schools, Wake Forest, OSU, GW, Rochester, etc. Would appreciate some help picking schools. I feel like I'm unaware of a lot of "low/mid-tier" OOS schools that I need to be applying too, especially considering this upcoming cycle will have significantly more applicants than the ongoing one.
@Faha @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

To add onto this, I would rather avoid applying D.O. But please let me know if you think my MD chances are low and I should apply DO.

Idt you need DO. Just apply very broadly. Get MSAR

Members don't see this ad :)
You do not need to apply to DO schools. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
U Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wake Forest
George Washington
Duke
Miami
USF Morsani
Tulane
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Rochester
Tufts
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Washington University
Kaiser

You don't need to apply DO. Have a broad and balanced list and you should have success.