Some Pre-Requisites finished: Where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Watchman61

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am in dire need of help. I am currently graduated from college and a Clinical Research Coordinator for Bone Marrow Transplants at a children's hospital. Recently, I have been contemplating going to med school (I was pre-med in undergrad then decided against it)

My question is: What do I do now?

The classes I currently have on my transcripts are: Molecular Biology, Organismal Biology, General chemistry I, Statistics, English, Psychology, Sociology, and Anatomy and Physiology.

I would still need to take: Orgo I and II, General Chemistry II, Physics I and II, and Calculus

So what do I do? Should I do a Post-bac program, or should I take the classes as an undergrad credit.

Of note, I am in the Philadelphia area so any input would help
 
You don't *need* to take calculus unless you're applying to certain schools that require it, but truthfully you could take at a CC your gap year if necessary. If I apply to schools that require calc, that is my plan. I'm assuming your job is full time? A lot of what your plan should be depends on what you're wanting to do and your GPA. If you GPA is good, then taking Chem II and Physics I only would be doable with your job. If you need serious grade repairment, you could be a full time student and take a full course load of upper level sciences to prove you can hack it in medical school. There isn't enough information to provide accurate advice