Some Pre-Requisites finished: Where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Watchman61

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in dire need of help. I am currently graduated from college and a Clinical Research Coordinator for Bone Marrow Transplants at a children's hospital. Recently, I have been contemplating going to med school (I was pre-med in undergrad then decided against it)

My question is: What do I do now?

The classes I currently have on my transcripts are: Molecular Biology, Organismal Biology, General chemistry I, Statistics, English, Psychology, Sociology, and Anatomy and Physiology.

I would still need to take: Orgo I and II, General Chemistry II, Physics I and II, and Calculus

So what do I do? Should I do a Post-bac program, or should I take the classes as an undergrad credit.

Of note, I am in the Philadelphia area so any input would help

Members don't see this ad.

You don't *need* to take calculus unless you're applying to certain schools that require it, but truthfully you could take at a CC your gap year if necessary. If I apply to schools that require calc, that is my plan. I'm assuming your job is full time? A lot of what your plan should be depends on what you're wanting to do and your GPA. If you GPA is good, then taking Chem II and Physics I only would be doable with your job. If you need serious grade repairment, you could be a full time student and take a full course load of upper level sciences to prove you can hack it in medical school. There isn't enough information to provide accurate advice