Some questions about applying to Loyola Chicago post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

paleo123

I'm starting my last year at undergrad soon and it hasn't been until recently that I decided to try to get into medical school. I have little background in the sciences but I want to graduate next spring so I've been looking into the post-bacc programs in Chicago. So far I'm interested in what Loyola has to offer for their post-bacc and I'm considering applying there. I just have a few questions:

1. This one may sound stupid, but is it possible for me to apply while still enrolled in my college? The priority deadline for the fall semester is in the spring so I'll still be in my last semester. Or do I have to wait until I actually graduate to apply. If I do wait, will I still have a chance to apply for the fall semester, or do the spots fill up quickly?

2. For those who got in, what was your undergrad GPA when you applied? My major is in the humanities and my GPA is a 3.65, hopefully I'll be able to keep it at that or go up a few points higher by the time I graduate. I'm worried that it might not be good enough. Are the GPA standards higher for post-bacc applications than normal undergrad applications?

Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting my last year at undergrad soon and it hasn't been until recently that I decided to try to get into medical school. I have little background in the sciences but I want to graduate next spring so I've been looking into the post-bacc programs in Chicago. So far I'm interested in what Loyola has to offer for their post-bacc and I'm considering applying there. I just have a few questions:

1. This one may sound stupid, but is it possible for me to apply while still enrolled in my college? The priority deadline for the fall semester is in the spring so I'll still be in my last semester. Or do I have to wait until I actually graduate to apply. If I do wait, will I still have a chance to apply for the fall semester, or do the spots fill up quickly?

2. For those who got in, what was your undergrad GPA when you applied? My major is in the humanities and my GPA is a 3.65, hopefully I'll be able to keep it at that or go up a few points higher by the time I graduate. I'm worried that it might not be good enough. Are the GPA standards higher for post-bacc applications than normal undergrad applications?

Thanks for all your help!

Of course you can apply while in your senior year. The stipulation is that you graduate with bachelors prior to entering the program. You GPA is good enough to get into pretty much any postbacc program. Loyola does, however, require that you take the MCAT and score above a 25. If you studied and took the MCAT in January, you could apply in the spring. Other postbaccs will accept GRE or DAT in lieu of the MCAT.