Some Questions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymoose410

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I posted this a few hours ago.. I think.. I don't see it on the board anywhere so maybe I hit cancel or something?

Anyway, I had a couple of questions..
My friend (3rd year undergrad) just took the PTCB exam in September and is trying to convince me to do the same. He said it will look good on his pharmacy school application and he can also get paid more (he works as a clerk in a pharmacy). Is there any reason for me to do so? I'm also a 3rd year undergrad student, not a technician but hoping to be a pharmacist someday.. I have worked in a pharmacy before (SavOn) for a few months and am planning on finding as a clerk at another pharmacy this school year. Should I take the PTCB exam or is it pointless?

Also.. my GPA right now is less than stellar. I still have 6 quarters to pull it up, which seems like a long time (2 years) but it really isn't. I really slacked off the first 2 years of my college and I regret it.. but there's nothing I can do now but get better GPAs from here on out. Do you guys recommend me taking a year off in between my last year of undergrad and applying for pharmacy school?

And finally! Does anyone know if Target hires pharmacy clerks? I was looking online and it said "Student Intern" and "Graduate Student Intern" (or something like that) but that doesn't apply to me..

Thanks!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on your area, places like target don't really hire clerks, i would look into places like CVS; which are in dire need of help since they just converted from Sav-On. That's your best bet, if your willing to work there.

I worked at a Savon for a couple of months and I didn't really like it after a while. I don't know if it's because of my manager or the area that the pharmacy was in, but thanks.