Some reassurance??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlegreen88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
My last 4 Full lengths have been
FL5 29 (9,9,11)
FL6 31 (9,11,11)
FL 7 30 (9,11,10)
FL8 29 (9,9,11)

My AAMC have been from 24 (10,6,8) and 27(7,9,11). Huge jumps not sure whats going on may be the nerves? I only took 2, plan on taking the rest and the exam is this saturday. I have been reviewing all of the old tests and doing EK passages on the side. I have postponned so much this is pretty much it, i have to go for it. Has anyone scored similar and still got a 30 on the actual exam??? I see people on here getting 35+ on their exams, thats just not where I am at all.
Thank you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC FLs are the best simulation of the real MCAT in terms of both content and format. So do content review based on your missed questions and then practice more AAMCs till you get closer to your 30+ goal.

the exam is in 5 days. I am just wondering if these scores are indicative at all of the actual. I mean what should I be expecting to score? The kaplan MUST be some sort of an indicator right?

People have said that aamc 11 is the closest to the real test.

It is also the most difficult according to a majority of people. This makes it kind of an ego killer to take if your test is REALLY close. If you are able to overcome this issue, it will probably be the most indicative of the real test you will take.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan scores are usually ~2 points higher than normal in both sciences due to a lenient curve. Their VR isn't very representative of the MCAT's VR. The best predictor for MCAT VR scores is your AAMC VR score.

Hello!
My last 4 Full lengths have been
FL5 29 (9,9,11)
FL6 31 (9,11,11)
FL 7 30 (9,11,10)
FL8 29 (9,9,11)

My AAMC have been from 24 (10,6,8) and 27(7,9,11). Huge jumps not sure whats going on may be the nerves? I only took 2, plan on taking the rest and the exam is this saturday. I have been reviewing all of the old tests and doing EK passages on the side. I have postponned so much this is pretty much it, i have to go for it. Has anyone scored similar and still got a 30 on the actual exam??? I see people on here getting 35+ on their exams, thats just not where I am at all.
Thank you all :)

Are those Kaplan full lengths? Personally I found Kaplan more difficult than AAMC. My highest Kaplan score is 30 and my highest AAMC is 33. I wouldn't sweat it much at this point, do your review, take another full length or two and see how you do on test day. I'm also taking it this Saturday...good luck!

Are those Kaplan full lengths? Personally I found Kaplan more difficult than AAMC. My highest Kaplan score is 30 and my highest AAMC is 33. I wouldn't sweat it much at this point, do your review, take another full length or two and see how you do on test day. I'm also taking it this Saturday...good luck!

Yes Jlaw, those are the Kaplan Full lengths. I was so excited that I am scoring within range, but when it comes to AAMC, the two I took were VERY inconsistant. I don't know what that means. Does it mean that I am bad at taking AAMC? I think im also getting VERY nervous for AAMC because everyone is sayng the are the most indicative of the actual score. I am freaking out!! :(

I scored around the same on my practice tests (Kaplan and AAMC) in the weeks leading up to my MCAT. I did pleasantly better than expected, so don't be too freaked out. What might be causing that discrepancy is the types of questions you're getting wrong. It's not harder or anything, they're just different.
Just relax, review old tests and you're set. Good luck!

I scored around the same on my practice tests (Kaplan and AAMC) in the weeks leading up to my MCAT. I did pleasantly better than expected, so don't be too freaked out. What might be causing that discrepancy is the types of questions you're getting wrong. It's not harder or anything, they're just different.
Just relax, review old tests and you're set. Good luck!

Thank you so much. That makes me feel a bit better. I think the anxiety of the exam is worse than the exam itself! :)