Something Different!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDstudent101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys/Girls I come by the Osteopathic forum all the time, well mainly because I want to be a DO, but besides that I come by and see NOTHING I mean absolutely NOTHING different but the post of "what are my chances" whether you should go to LECOM or PECOM or whether DMU has an early deadline!!!!! C'mon people RELAX, and start posting something different something that is maybe some what off subject or something, lets spice things up in the Osteopathic Pre-Med forum!!!!! Oh and I hope i haven't offended anybody.. (just making sure) :D

Members don't see this ad.

Guys/Girls I come by the Osteopathic forum all the time, well mainly because I want to be a DO, but besides that I come by and see NOTHING I mean absolutely NOTHING different but the post of "what are my chances" whether you should go to LECOM or PECOM or whether DMU has an early deadline!!!!! C'mon people RELAX, and start posting something different something that is maybe some what off subject or something, lets spice things up in the Osteopathic Pre-Med forum!!!!! Oh and I hope i haven't offended anybody.. (just making sure) :D

Heh, actually I posted something like this a few weeks ago, something about having less "chances" posting etc. We must all think alike or something....

hhah, ok so what's the new topic? :)

i disagree. This site should be informative first, entertaining second. People want other peoples inputs and this is a good venue for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be fooled by titles!
There was a great thread that was titled the typical DO vs Carribean a while back that was nicely hijacked into a sports talk thread... :D

hey i posted wanting to know what current DO students eat

i tried lol

Don't be fooled by titles!
There was a great thread that was titled the typical DO vs Carribean a while back that was nicely hijacked into a sports talk thread... :D

Really? crap I missed that one cuz I didn't want to read about caribbean schools

Really? crap I missed that one cuz I didn't want to read about caribbean schools

LOL!!! I almost did, too, but curiousity got the better of me.... That hijack was compliments of Dr. K :laugh:

i disagree. This site should be informative first, entertaining second. People want other peoples inputs and this is a good venue for that.

I second Dr.K

Aw man I missed that one to, I guess I came in here expecting the same thing and missed it. But as DRKUBA said its true this site should be informative first and entertaining second I completely agree.:D But it feels like Entertaining comes 4th or something because its alot more and I mean alot more informative than entertaining. And believe me i understand that its Application's and Admissions season and its real tedious, aggravating, annoying, and sickening but sometimes we come into SDN all ready stressed and LEAVE 10 times stressed then what we came in!!!!! So I believe there should be some sort of balance between entertaining and Informative threads. just my 2 centz... Feel free to add. :D

Here it is/was.
Probably one of the only ones that didn't get closed! Well done, Dr. K!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=330317

Hahahaaha I just went to it and saw that I had visited this thread when it was going on..... Yeah it was a good thread thanks to DRKUBA.

So what do you guys do in this hypothetical situation. Lets say that you work your butt off in Undergrad and you took the Mcat's, you didn't do too good. You finally apply to med school with lets say a 3.5 gpa and a 20 mcat. And you dont get accepted anywhere either MD or DO. And carribean MD is not even a considration because youve spent all the money you could on apps and didn't have enough money to apply to carrib school's and let alone barely survive. What would you do, would you work another year and save money take the mcats ace them and do some more shadowing and EC's. Or will you consider going a Psycology path (no offense) and work wile doing post bacc. so you can get a Doctoral in Clinincal Psycology?????? What would you do???? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Have fun!

This is true! In fact, if you go back a few pages, there ARE some interesting topics, OP!! I find the allo forums far more repetitive & boring & full of the typical uptight, judgemental, opinionated premeds! :laugh:

Hahaha I couldn't agree more with you!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
And thanks for trying, we all should sometimez...lol

Go here.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111

I agree with DrKuba. It's not easy to post an entertainment thread when people are freaking about the thousands of dollars they spent on application process and have yet to hear from schools. I feel the only people who can chill and have those posts are the ones who have some sort of a plan for their upcoming year. If you're someone like me, the ONLY thing you want to see are what students who are going through what i am have to say. Not to mention such a post not only counteracts the purpose of a helpful site such as sdn but is also pointless..i mean seriously...why would you come on a site called studentdoctor.net to talk about your fantasy football stats...but thats just my two cents

I am thinking of starting a thread along the lines of:

"If you're one of the lucky ones with an acceptance before Xmas, what med student essentials are on your Kris Kringle list" (for people who celebrate xmas that is).

:)

I agree with DrKuba. It's not easy to post an entertainment thread when people are freaking about the thousands of dollars they spent on application process and have yet to hear from schools. I feel the only people who can chill and have those posts are the ones who have some sort of a plan for their upcoming year. If you're someone like me, the ONLY thing you want to see are what students who are going through what i am have to say. Not to mention such a post not only counteracts the purpose of a helpful site such as sdn but is also pointless..i mean seriously...why would you come on a site called studentdoctor.net to talk about your fantasy football stats...but thats just my two cents

I concur.:smuggrin:
Seriously though this site has helped me tremendously and should remain the way it is. I believe there are other categories on this forum for different talk.

OK, goatee or no goat for the interview?

I'm pretty certain it's staying...
unless you have one of those adult-looking fully grown in complete goatees (including the stache area)...shave your face....same for beards (fully grown, well-maintained only).....the chin-only goatees and chin-strap or scruff beards really don't look professional at all

The lounge is a good place to find entertaining threads, which is why we have different forums. Posters can find what they are looking for easier this way. People sometime try to post something entertaining here that has nothing to do with pre-osteopathic medicine but it magically gets moved to where it belongs. I am still trying to figure out how that happens.

I think this is funny....go to the MD forum and they're doing the same stuff...."No love from drexel with my 45 MCAT" LOL it's the same stuff on both forums :laugh:

unless you have one of those adult-looking fully grown in complete goatees (including the stache area)...shave your face....same for beards (fully grown, well-maintained only).....the chin-only goatees and chin-strap or scruff beards really don't look professional at all

Well, I'm 30....and it's full...and I've had it for at least 9 or 10 years...and I work in a pretty professional environment as a project manager type (Pharma industry)...so I'm thinking I'll just keep it.

At this point, I've got to believe if they don't like me for who I am...well...you know.

I've seen docs and med students with much worse, and despite being fat, I clean up well. :laugh:

Well, I'm 30....and it's full...and I've had it for at least 9 or 10 years...and I work in a pretty professional environment as a project manager type (Pharma industry)...so I'm thinking I'll just keep it.

At this point, I've got to believe if they don't like me for who I am...well...you know.

I've seen docs and med students with much worse, and despite being fat, I clean up well. :laugh:

i agree, screw wm if they dock you points for having a goatee

my bad...your kind of goatee is definitely acceptable....I was assuming you were the stereotypical fresh out of college student who thought the pubes on his chin looked cool