SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
DKM- I'll have you know, that everyone going into medicine is of the highest morals! I've reported you for blasphemy. :laugh: :)

About the Ads

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Braluk said:
DKM- I'll have you know, that everyone going into medicine is of the highest morals! I've reported you for blasphemy.

Oh please......one of the guys who is on the ethics committee at the AMA made a discussion about this in the aftermath of the SARS outbreak:
Clark, for instance, writing from (but not officially on behalf of) the ethics office of the AMA, praises the selfless service of doctors in the face of SARS, (18) but alerts us in the subsequent
exchange of letters (19) that this service is perhaps not as selfless as it appears: he characterizes this ‘selfless service' as something of a bargaining tool, and claims that the good that doctors bargain
for with this service is their status as independent practitioners, self-regulating, and beholden to no outside social body

Chew on that.....

SOURCES:
Both of the above quotes are from:
Reid L: Diminishing returns? Risk and the duty to care in the SARS epidemic. Bioethics 2005; 19: 348-361

The cited items are:
18) C.C. Clark. In harm's way. Hastings Center Report 2003; 33: inside back cover.
19) C.C. Clark. Reply. Hastings Center Report 2004; 34: 4.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
I could spend all day posting information I find interesting that is relevant to pre-med stuff. It would lead to people wanting to jump off a cliff! :laugh:
Yes, but unlike what you post, what I'm posting about might actually come up as an issue in interviews or in a sticky ethical situation. :laugh:

Tired

Fading away
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
I could spend all day posting information I find interesting that is relevant to pre-med stuff. It would lead to people wanting to jump off a cliff! :laugh:

Every time I accidently read one of your posts, I want to jump off a cliff.

KaraKiz

I'm Ron Burgundy?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
DKM- I'll have you know, that everyone going into medicine is of the highest morals! I've reported you for blasphemy. :laugh: :)

Braluk,
Can't you put DKM on probationary status for blasphemy now that you are a moderator? How about just changing his title to "DropkickMurphy, Banned for Trolling"? Come on... I'll give you five bucks. ;)

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Haha :)

Nope, not a mod here, thats Doctorpardi's job to give infarcts. the supermods can ban. I am the thread post man :thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.