1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

sometimes school just doesn't matter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doc Henry, May 12, 2007.

1. Doc Henry

Doc Henry blowin' in the wind
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    School is the last thing on my mind right now...

I lost my 20 yr old cousin to cancer a few years ago. Today I found out that his mom has ovarian cancer that has spread to her intestines. My family has asked me to look into my local teaching hospital and help arrange my aunts medical care...I want to help, but it can be overwhelming.
    My grandma and grandpa have both been near death this past year and my mom and I have been the people dealing with it because the rest of our family is not in the same area. On top of all that I just found out my step son is being moved away from us to California so his mom's fiance can go to graduate school there (even though he got into a school near us too)...now we have to choose between moving to be near our son or staying near my sick family to help them through this hard time.

I know we all have our problems...I'm not trying to make excuses, but I really don't care about my stupid genetics or physics right now.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.