Sonali here..

Started by sspht
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sspht

Mind
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi People,

I graduated long time ago in 2004, India. I am now living here in US & I have started preparing for NBDE Part 1. I'll be taking the test in April 2012. I have worked here & I do have some work experience. My GPA is not that good. Now my q is how far do I stand a chance even after if I make it through the exams? I APPRECIATE AN HONEST FEEDBACK. Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Whoa!!! 168 people looked at this and not a single reply!!! I just took my part one as well and graduated in 2005 so it hasn't been THAT long 🙂 Just study hard for part one and try to get a good score. Get a good score in TOEFL as well. It'd be really good for you to get some experience here in the US such as working as an assistant or doing internship with a dentist (whatever dental-related job you can get!) I don't know your GPA so I can't comment but a GPA below 2.0 is considered really low. Get a good score on part one and TOEFL and take it from there. Don't let anyone discourage you. You'll never know until you try right? Good luck!!
 
Hi People,

I graduated long time ago in 2004, India. I am now living here in US & I have started preparing for NBDE Part 1. I'll be taking the test in April 2012. I have worked here & I do have some work experience. My GPA is really not that good. Barely enough to be considered. Now my q is how far do I stand a chance even after if I make it through the exams? I APPRECIATE AN HONEST FEEDBACK. Thank you!

I advise you to do some research on the topic, there at least 3 threads dedicated to your question...

Good scores are always a good thing, but starting 2012 there won't be a numerical score for the boards anymore. Acceptance is not based on scores only, but they do help. Checking the forum you'll see that we had students accepted to the international dentist program this year with gpa as low as 1.97... US experience is important too, get to know the schools you intend to apply to they have very different requirements and many times things might be important for one school and not so much for another one, just one more thing apply early, get your documents together and as soon as the application process starts have it all ready to be sent.

Good luck.
 
GreenEyes 83, Hope4.. I feel a lot better now. You people have been so amazing to instill such good hopes in me. I really appreciate. Thanks a lot guys. I have started studying now & looking forward to take the exam in april 2012. I'll keep posted & please keep me updated as well!
 
Last edited: