SOPHAS and LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mybliss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious how SOPHAS dealt with Letters of Recommendation. My application has been verified and mailed out, however I still have one letter writer who hasn't submitted theirs online yet (hopefully will get submitted this week). Will SOPHAS just mail out that letter when it gets submitted, or does SOPHAS do something special with Letters of Recommendation?

Members don't see this ad.

They will mail it when they receive it in the weekly mail-out, so it may not go out the day they receive it, but it should make it out within a few days. This happened with my GRE scores, Sophas had an issue receiving them for a short time so my application was sent out without them, the scores were forwarded to the schools a week later. Boston University just happens to address the same thing in their FAQ section saying that they will receive applications from Sophas with only 2 LORs and will accept them but hold them as "incomplete" until Sophas mails a third one.

Good luck!