SOPHAS Application Q...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureepi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it really necessary to fill out the community service and volunteer service/work experience/etc. section on SOPHAS if it is all listed in the resume?

I'm mostly just frustrated by the # of weeks question. I didn't keep track of the number of weeks or the hours/week I spent in many of my positions (and of course it varied by week, if there was an event that needed staffing, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

I understand you frustration because I feel the same way. I think it is necessary and only because I know how admissions committees work, and that is one of the things that they are going to look at. Also, because uploading the resume is optional, so they might or might not look at that. I think your best bet is just to estimate how much time you spent on each community service activity, ect. I don't think they will be that hardcore on verifying each. I just certified my application yesterday and I am glad its done!!

Yeah, I figured so I filled it out anyway. I was just at my peak of frustration with silly SOPHAS.

I was wondering the same thing about those obnoxious "optional" sections on the SOPHAS app. I'm in trouble as far as volunteer/community service goes because I, umm, haven't exactly done any *consistent* or intense community service, like, ever... :(