Quantcast

SOPHAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TLL

Reaction score
If I'm looking for admission into a public health program for 2011, should I submit my SOPHAS before it closes in August or wait until it reopens in September? I've been looking for answers here and on the sophas website, but can't get a definitive answer.

JMM051

Reaction score
SOPHAS refreshes the database every August so anything submitted into the system previous to August will be deleted when the system reopens.

dj1234

Reaction score
If I'm looking for admission into a public health program for 2011, should I submit my SOPHAS before it closes in August or wait until it reopens in September? I've been looking for answers here and on the sophas website, but can't get a definitive answer.

You can probably just wait until Sept. unless all of your data (transcripts etc.) are already loaded into the SOPHAS system.

TLL

Reaction score
Ok, so I should get all my transcripts sent to sophas so I'll be ready to submit once it reopens in September, but not the letters of rec because those will be deleted. I'm just afraid that this might be too late for fall 2011 deadlines.

Another question: Will sophas accept letter packets?

Thanks all for your replies.

JMM051

Reaction score
Ok, so I should get all my transcripts sent to sophas so I'll be ready to submit once it reopens in September, but not the letters of rec because those will be deleted. I'm just afraid that this might be too late for fall 2011 deadlines.

EVERYTHING submitted through SOPHAS prior to the break will have to be resubmitted. It wipes everything out.

dj1234

Reaction score

All information is deleted when it closes in August. So, you are better off waiting until after it opens to send in transcript information etc.

You are significantly early for Fall 2011 admission. In fact, some schools are still accepting applications for Fall 2010 admission.

TLL

Reaction score
Oh wow, thanks for the clarification! Still have the AMCAS timeline in my head lol. I'm taking a year off to build my ECs so I'm uninterested in 2010.

JMM051

Reaction score
Most of the competetive programs have priority deadlines in December/January. I had mine in at the end of November since SOPHAS can sometimes take weeks to process. The earlier you have it in the lower the process time.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.