MPH SOPHAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jshek94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the deal with the "supporting information" section, specifically the experiences and achievements tabs. Won't these all be on my resume already? Should I re-enter the same info they can find on my resume?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
???

I haven't come across a single school that has a resume page limit. MBA programs are more anal about "one-page resume" BS.

Right. Also, I submitted my CV to include publications and conferences. CVs are traditionally longer. I honestly don't know why both sections are there-I chalked it up to universities may have a preference as to which format they look at when evaluating? Everything on my CV is on the experiences etc section on SOPHAS.

What is the deal with the "supporting information" section, specifically the experiences and achievements tabs. Won't these all be on my resume already? Should I re-enter the same info they can find on my resume?

Thanks!

I re-entered the same activities. I guess it may be easier for them to review it in a standardized format.

Reactions: 1 user
This was super helpful- thank you for posing this question!

I have an embarrassing (?) question related to achievements. I have TONS of experience, but I can't think of any 'awards' or 'honors' that I've received! How bad will it look if I leave this empty? Can anyone give examples? Would Dean's list go here?

I have an embarrassing (?) question related to achievements. I have TONS of experience, but I can't think of any 'awards' or 'honors' that I've received! How bad will it look if I leave this empty? Can anyone give examples? Would Dean's list go here?
Yes, I would definitely put dean's list there. You can also include any merit scholarships you may have received at other institutions, honors societies, and any kind of recognition.

For my SOPHAS achievements, I did my Dean's List, my nomination for Outstanding Senior within my Major, and my scholarship info. I asked my school if they wanted my AP Scholar info and they said yes because I had tests transfer on to my UG transcript so I also included that (but nothing else from high school).

Maybe if you received an award in a relevant club it would go here too? That's really all I can think of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

For my SOPHAS achievements, I did my Dean's List, my nomination for Outstanding Senior within my Major, and my scholarship info. I asked my school if they wanted my AP Scholar info and they said yes because I had tests transfer on to my UG transcript so I also included that (but nothing else from high school).

Maybe if you received an award in a relevant club it would go here too? That's really all I can think of.
Those examples help, thanks!
When you say AP Scholar is that something different from AP classes? Cause I know mine are already listed in my transcripts. Also, my senior year of high school I was Art Student of the Year?

Those examples help, thanks!
When you say AP Scholar is that something different from AP classes? Cause I know mine are already listed in my transcripts. Also, my senior year of high school I was Art Student of the Year?
Sorry I should have specified. An AP Scholar is actually an award issued by CollegeBoard that is based on your AP scores. I included the link here: AP Scholar Awards

Just taking AP courses doesn't make you an AP Scholar recipient because it is technically an award. The awards they hand out are dependent on several exam scores ie. AP Scholar is 3s on at least 3 exams (they send out certificates too for their awards). If you think you met the requirements of a specific AP award (but had no notice and no certificate sent to you) you can always contact CollegeBoard to verify your award status.

I personally would put Art Student of the Year. I think that shows a different non-traditional accomplishment and since schools are looking for well-rounded individuals, I think it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile