Sorry for the stupid question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megsMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pay to take Step 1? How much does it cost? I may be ignorant but I can't find this information anywhere and our school offices are closed until after New Year's and I am trying to figure out finances for the coming year. Thank you for any valid input.

Members don't see this ad.

megsMS said:
Do you have to pay to take Step 1? How much does it cost? I may be ignorant but I can't find this information anywhere and our school offices are closed until after New Year's and I am trying to figure out finances for the coming year. Thank you for any valid input.
Oh yeah, you have to pay...

you have to pay $445... (that's a lot of money... i know...)

heelshmeel said:
Oh yeah, you have to pay...

you have to pay $445... (that's a lot of money... i know...)

It's absolutely obscene!!! The MCAT cost $175, which I thought was a bit much, but this just takes the cake! I can't imagine why it should cost THAT much for someone to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours and take a test. When you weigh in the cost of Step 2 CS and CK we're talking some serious extra loans here! I'm well on my way to $150,000 :(

TommyGunn04 said:
It's absolutely obscene!!! The MCAT cost $175, which I thought was a bit much, but this just takes the cake! I can't imagine why it should cost THAT much for someone to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours and take a test. When you weigh in the cost of Step 2 CS and CK we're talking some serious extra loans here! I'm well on my way to $150,000 :(

Hit $192,000 this year....glad its my last....but with my fiancees $186,000 we will owe quite a ton!!!
stomper