Sorry guys

Started by kpittma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kpittma

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there are a million threads on volunteering and I sifted through lots and couldn't find what I needed...

So I'm a nontrad who will be applying next cycle. I have a 50 hour/week job and I'm volunteering on the weekends (Emergency Dept), so my question is this: Do adcoms look on you more favorably if you are currently volunteering when you apply/interview or does it not matter when you do it as long as it's done? I'll have 150 hours pretty soon and work + planning a wedding 1500 miles away + volunteering is wearing me out, so I was contemplating dropping the weekend volunteering...

TIA for any suggestions/comments. This is a great place for people needing info!
 
Doesn't matter when you do it, preferably anytime during your undergrad years. But since your non-trad your fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the input. Similar to what I was thinking, but it's nice to have confirmation. 🙂
 
You shouldn't volunteer just to get into med school, you should volunteer because it's the right thing to do.

LOL I remember my first beer too.

Geuss we should all sell all of our non-essential belongings and wander from town to town helping people in need and refusing any reward for our services too huh?

Altruism is nice but it don't make the world go round. It's the duty of every human to act in his/her own best interest, anything less is squandering the gift of life. You gotta get your's Jack.