Sorry to be that guy, but I need a little angle advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woolbandana

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been working through a lot of PAT prep as it was my lowest score the first time I wrote (18).

This time, Ive been using DAT bootcamp, and I feel I am getting so much better.

My average breakdown for DAT bootcamp PAT practices looks like this
Keyhole: 7-12
TFE: 7-13
Holes: 13-15
Cubes: 12-15
Pattern 12-13
Angles: 2-7 (The highest I ever had was 12)

I've tried everything. Looked at first answer then last answer to eliminate. Skiing down the hill, looking at which one is closer to 90 or 180, imagining a laptop or a chair.

It's funny because my scores were probably way better before I started focusing on Angle ranking and learning more techniques. Am I overthinking this somehow?

My Average DAT Bootcamp PAT scores are 19-20, even with my ****ty, ****ty angle scores so I really need to focus on angles and angles and angles alone.

Did I mention my DAT is saturday (3 days away)?. +pity+Please send your best ideas and happy thoughts my way.

Members don't see this ad.

I have, but I find it very difficult when the angles have different length sides or are rotated. Rapid eye is flashing back and forth between two vertices, right?

That's right - personally it's the main technique I used, but like you said, it's not very helpful for rotations.

Other than that I wish I could give you more helpful advice than "just keep practicing" and using the generators every day. I personally found the real DAT's angle ranking was easier than what I had encountered in practice material. I'd also run through the PAT Academy videos and practice sets for angle ranking if you haven't already - they're really well done.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's right - personally it's the main technique I used, but like you said, it's not very helpful for rotations.

Other than that I wish I could give you more helpful advice than "just keep practicing" and using the generators every day. I personally found the real DAT's angle ranking was easier than what I had encountered in practice material. I'd also run through the PAT Academy videos and practice sets for angle ranking if you haven't already - they're really well done.
I didn't even know the PAT academy existed. I'm going straight there. Thanks :)

Wow so went through PAT academy and did some of the practices and got 13/15. i think i just suck at the hill technique when angles are rotated so i’m stopping that technique. Rapid eye and elimination gave me a WAY better score. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users