Sort of venting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided last night to check on PharmCAS to see if they had sent my January PCAT scores to my schools. They had not. So I emailed them, and they replied that the Psychological Corporation had never sent them my scores!!! I was livid. I have received three rejection letters so far from schools, and I'm not saying that it was because of my October PCAT score, but it could have been. My October score was 63, and my January score was 84. BIG difference.

So today, I called the Psych Corp, and they never corrected the social security number that I corrected on the day of the test (they originally had my number wrong, and I filled out that section on the test to have them correct it, and they never did). So the best they can do is to resubmit with the updated number to PharmCAS on Monday. Grrr!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey that is terrible! It doesn't surpise me very much though. Good Luck, I hope maybe things turn for the better once they correct it. THat is a BIIIG difference, i can totally understand your frustration.

Originally posted by FutureRxGal
I decided last night to check on PharmCAS to see if they had sent my January PCAT scores to my schools. They had not. So I emailed them, and they replied that the Psychological Corporation had never sent them my scores!!! I was livid. I have received three rejection letters so far from schools, and I'm not saying that it was because of my October PCAT score, but it could have been. My October score was 63, and my January score was 84. BIG difference.

So today, I called the Psych Corp, and they never corrected the social security number that I corrected on the day of the test (they originally had my number wrong, and I filled out that section on the test to have them correct it, and they never did). So the best they can do is to resubmit with the updated number to PharmCAS on Monday. Grrr!

jpshakehead.gif
Sorry to hear that. Can you contact the schools that rejected you and find out if it really was the PCAT score that got you rejected, and explain the situation to them? PHARMCAS is an abomination!!! I don't see how it has improved the application process at all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch. Tough luck. Hope it works out for you in the end...makes me glad I never had to deal with PharmCAS

Thanks, you all, for your sympathy. Actually, I feel that it was the Psychological Corporation that dropped the ball. And if PharmCAS receives a social security number that doesn't compute, isn't it common sense to SEARCH BY NAME?? heh, I'm still livid.

Anyway, what I did is write an email to the remaining 3 schools from whom I haven't heard anything. I let them know exactly what happened, and that in order for my application to have optimal consideration, I feel that it is necessary that they not make a final decision until they receive the January score (which PharmCAS and the Psychological Corp both told me that it would be sent electronically on Monday or Tuesday).

I hope they haven't made a decision this week and have already sent letters to me. I'll just be patient and wait. :(