SOS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WearsACrown

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A bit discouraged here. I am applying next cycle. I got a C in Orgo 1, taking Orgo 2 now and studying all day every day and looking at a B+ despite my genuine best efforts. I'll have about a 3.4 sGPA, a 3.7 oGPA with fine arts Degree, 200 hours shadowing and 250 volunteering, and national competitor athlete for 15 years for extra curricular. I haven't taken the DAT. I know my letters, personal statements, will be good. My main concern is my low GPA. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPA is not that bad. Just do well on your DAT (20 & up) and I think you should be fine as long as you apply smart. Good luck! If you have a tentative list post it and we (sdn) can look at it for you.

Reactions: 1 user
With a good DAT (21+) there is no reason that I see that you shouldn’t get interviews to schools!

I haven't taken the DAT.

Can't say anything without DAT.

As far as GPA goes, your overall is decent, but your sGPA is below average - dental school admissions is increasingly competitive each year.

ECs are fine.

If you want a decent chance, do well on the DAT (22+).