Sound Physician group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pudortu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here work for Sound Physician group? I know they are a hospitalist group mainly but they have a branch thats devoted to EM. My group is being taken over by them. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

They're pretty terrible in my n=1 experience for hospitalists.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know anything about them, but I do have experience with my group getting eaten by a big CMG... pm me if you have questions. Would also recommend looking at the How Much Are You Worth thread, which is also a good overview of the process.

It sucks. Sorry you're going through this too.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're pretty terrible in my n=1 experience for hospitalists.

I’m going to make that n=2. No hospitalist group ever gave us more pushback on admissions than these guys. Once on the floor they hung on to their patients for dear life. Once they got replaced admissions and throughput improved dramatically at my old shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I’ll be n=3.

Any place I worked where sound was the hospitalists, they were the worst hospitalists to work with. Tried to give pushback and deny everything. Their patients bounce back like crazy

N=4

It was a bonkers political move by hospital admin to replace the group of young guys who had purchased homes in the community and intended to stay.

So they spent 4x more money bringing in terrible locums who
Gave zero ****s and were not cut out for an admittedly difficult place to work. Oh, your job at home is a family practice clinic? Welcome to the open ICU.

That didn’t last too long.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not sure about Sound EM, other than it sounds like they are tired losing money on hospitalists and want to leverage EM reimbursement to cut their losses. Who owns your hospital? Private? Non-profit? Large Company? I've never see an environment as bad as today's is becoming, where consolidations by our own companies are driving administrators to turn contracts over at the perception of better service.

It's becoming so bad that I almost want to begin demanding a non-compete in each of my contracts just to make it impossible for any new group that comes in to be staffed and take me for the ride. We're paying for those locums costs, and our reputations as commodities are paying more than that.

Sorry about your group changing hands but, as long as its done smoothly, and your compensation and hours are fair, I'm sure you'll hardly notice a change. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
N=5. If they can't keep the core EM docs there, they will have a hard time staffing. Shoot high, dont give in, and they will eventually cave. They don't have the EM firefighters to staff your sites if I am thinking of the same place.

I would ask for what you were making +25-50/hr