Sound Trasnverse Ridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in the SRTA guidline it says in class II amalgam prep, Sound transverse ridge should not be crossed and cut. for my exam I decided to do mandibular second premolar. and from what I know the only tooth that has Transverse ridge that crosses the central dev groove is the mandibular first premolar.

so for my DO prep can I cross the ridge? like a traditional DO amalgam prep or I have to start my prep after the ridge?beside I am not doing mandibular first premolar I am doing mand second premolar.
any help will be helpfull
thank