South Carolina & ECU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PThopeful89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any other applicants have heard back from South Carolina (USC) or East Carolina (ECU) yet. Both of these schools are non-PTCAS schools, and I imagine that may make their application review process a little different.

Thanks so much and good luck to you all!

Interviews: GWU, Shenandoah, Miami, Marymount
Rejected: UNC-Chapel Hill
Wait-Listed: Shenandoah
Declined: Marymount
Accepted: GWU
Haven't Heard From: VCU, USC (California), USC (Carolina), ECU

Members don't see this ad.

South Carolina was one of my top choices. My GRE wasn't good enough for them. (They've told me that the cumulative GRE score is 55% of their acceptance criteria). I've had contact with them and I was pretty highly ranked on their list but they only accept 18 students.

I have a friend who also applied there and was slightly higher than me (by just a couple spots). She has been wait-listed.

If you haven't heard from SC by now, I think you're out of luck. You can always e-mail Martha down there. She's super-helpful.

If you haven't heard from SC by now, I think you're out of luck. You can always e-mail Martha down there. She's super-helpful.

Thanks for your help RU13! I sent Martha an e-mail inquiring about my application's status. I'm bummed that it seems the GRE is such a big part of their decision to accept/reject an applicant, but I guess every school is different.

Does anyone know about ECU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Martha gave me the bad news. But it's good to finally know where I stand.

SC was my first choice after I visited them in August. They were a perfect fit for me.

It's hard to get into any DPT program... even harder when they only take 18 students. It really is a shame that the GRE means so much to them. If I had known, I would have taken it more seriously.

Shake it off. Tomorrow's a new day. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, Axe. but like RU13 was saying, shake it off. I'm sure you will have an opportunity elsewhere. Don't let it get you down!

I e-mailed Terry at ECU and she essentially told me I also got rejected, so my choice is slowly being made for me haha.