south-step I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utlonghorn50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any programs in texas that will not interview students who have step I or II scores that are average. Any input from people who applied this year or last year would be particularly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

utlonghorn50 said:
are there any programs in texas that will not interview students who have step I or II scores that are average. Any input from people who applied this year or last year would be particularly appreciated

Depends on what your definition of average is. If average is around 200-210, other factors will have to pull you up to get an interview (preclinical grades, clinical grades, LOR, etc.). If average is 190-200, you will have a harder time getting an interview from the larger programs in Texas.

You have posted quite a few threads/requests for scores in the past. I'm assuming that since you are asking again, that you are not fourth year. Are you applying next year? Fifth pathway? Other? Just curious.

applying next year-my definition of average is 225-230 if that helps