You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
South University Pharmacy c/o 2016
Started by futurepharm418
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
South in Savannah, GA. Sorry 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to this school...mailed supplemental 8/30 but have not heard anything yet
I applied to this school...mailed supplemental 8/30 but have not heard anything yet
Think they do not do interviews until Oct...so that is prob why.
I dropped my suppIemental applicantion in the mail on 8/29 and received the following message from South (Columbia) on morning the morning of 9/7.
"Thank you for your interest in South University School of Pharmacy. This email is to confirm that your application file is complete and is being reviewed by the Dean of Admissions to determine if you will be selected for an interview. If you are selected, you will be notified sometime between the months of October through April."
"Thank you for your interest in South University School of Pharmacy. This email is to confirm that your application file is complete and is being reviewed by the Dean of Admissions to determine if you will be selected for an interview. If you are selected, you will be notified sometime between the months of October through April."
I received an email as well as a call from South this afternoon notifying me that I had been selected for an interview on October 12th. Strangely, PharmCas has yet to mail my application to South....
"You have been selected for an interview session on October 12, 2012, at the Columbia campus. The program will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will conclude by 4:00 p.m. In addition to a one on one interview with faculty, there will be multiple speakers and sessions to get you acquainted with our program. Lunch will be provided for students attending the interview. Further information will be provided, after we have confirmed your attendance."
"You have been selected for an interview session on October 12, 2012, at the Columbia campus. The program will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will conclude by 4:00 p.m. In addition to a one on one interview with faculty, there will be multiple speakers and sessions to get you acquainted with our program. Lunch will be provided for students attending the interview. Further information will be provided, after we have confirmed your attendance."
I received an email as well as a call from South this afternoon notifying me that I had been selected for an interview on October 12th. Strangely, PharmCas has yet to mail my application to South....
"You have been selected for an interview session on October 12, 2012, at the Columbia campus. The program will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will conclude by 4:00 p.m. In addition to a one on one interview with faculty, there will be multiple speakers and sessions to get you acquainted with our program. Lunch will be provided for students attending the interview. Further information will be provided, after we have confirmed your attendance."
-Congrats on landing an interview. I applied to the Savannah campus.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile
Hey! I received an email from them but I just mailed them my supplemental on the 5th.... And I have yet to receive the email about my file being complete.... And no email about the program starting at 8 in the morning.... so confused.
"I would personally like to extend you an invitation to interview at our Savannah Campus on Friday, October 12th. Upon review of your application, I am extremely interested in having you consider our school for your pharmacy education."
Should I contact them? Also, is there a way to push the interview till later?
"I would personally like to extend you an invitation to interview at our Savannah Campus on Friday, October 12th. Upon review of your application, I am extremely interested in having you consider our school for your pharmacy education."
Should I contact them? Also, is there a way to push the interview till later?
Hey! I received an email from them but I just mailed them my supplemental on the 5th.... And I have yet to receive the email about my file being complete.... And no email about the program starting at 8 in the morning.... so confused.
"I would personally like to extend you an invitation to interview at our Savannah Campus on Friday, October 12th. Upon review of your application, I am extremely interested in having you consider our school for your pharmacy education."
Should I contact them? Also, is there a way to push the interview till later?
- It doesn't hurt to call them to ask and receive clarification about your questions. Go for it.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile
I got an interview invite as well! See you guys there! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmcas shows they received my supplemental on 9/4/12, but I have not received any emails from them 🙁
You might just want to call and ask the status of your application. It could be that they are waiting on a reference for you...
I'm happy to report that my interview at the Columbia campus went swimmingly. I was much taken with the campus (though minute), the professors, and the students. Everyone I interacted with was personable and eager to answer any question I had. A bit of advice for future SUSOP interviewee's: prepare an exhaustive list of questions. My arsenal was depleted by hour 4 of interview day, so I found myself recycling questions. The two interview sessions were more casual interaction than interrogation, so, if you've an upcoming interview, then relax. I'm excited about the prospect of attending this school, but my only reservation is the high price of tuition.
what are you guys stat?do u think they are offering columbia campus offer to interview first before savannah?
That's great! Still patiently waiting... and checking my email a million times a day.
Congrats Rooster! Thanks for the info on the interview. I'm attending an interview day on Nov. 2 at the Columbia campus.
GPA: 3.1 (3.8 when not counting one bum semester from over a decade ago 😳)
PCAT: 87 comp
2 years as a tech with Cardinal Health nuclear pharmacy
GPA: 3.1 (3.8 when not counting one bum semester from over a decade ago 😳)
PCAT: 87 comp
2 years as a tech with Cardinal Health nuclear pharmacy
i will be attending the interview nov 2nd at the savannah campus
Congrats to everyone who received an interview!
For those who interviewed/visited the Columbia campus, how was your experience there? I've heard the SOP is in one building and you don't really get that campus-vibe. I haven't had the chance to visit myself since I'm out of state and work 2 jobs so I'm really interested in hearing about your visit 🙂
For those who interviewed/visited the Columbia campus, how was your experience there? I've heard the SOP is in one building and you don't really get that campus-vibe. I haven't had the chance to visit myself since I'm out of state and work 2 jobs so I'm really interested in hearing about your visit 🙂
Congrats to everyone who received an interview!![]()
For those who interviewed/visited the Columbia campus, how was your experience there? I've heard the SOP is in one building and you don't really get that campus-vibe. I haven't had the chance to visit myself since I'm out of state and work 2 jobs so I'm really interested in hearing about your visit 🙂
It is very small and basically one building, but nice facilities and people. The video conference classes would take some time to get used to (for me at least). I was definitely impressed with what they have to offer.
For those that have heard from the school for interviews, I was wondering if you dont mind posting your stats?
I received a confirmation of my Supplemental Application being received on November 1. Haven't heard from them since. I have a 2.91 GPA as per PharmCAS and my first PCAT composite was 50. I'm taking it again on Thursday the 8th even though I dont feel prepared for the Math (stupid concaves and precal stuff...). Anyways, just wondering If you don't mind putting details such as your PCAT and application submission info.
"Supplemental Received" confirmation email received on 11/1.
GPA: 2.91
Verbal - 68
Biology - 46
Reading - 41
Quantitative -13 (I ran out of time and guessed more than half the test. Reason for my retaking)
Chemistry - 81
Composite - 50
*EDIT* Technically this is my first choice of school because of the 3 year program.
I received a confirmation of my Supplemental Application being received on November 1. Haven't heard from them since. I have a 2.91 GPA as per PharmCAS and my first PCAT composite was 50. I'm taking it again on Thursday the 8th even though I dont feel prepared for the Math (stupid concaves and precal stuff...). Anyways, just wondering If you don't mind putting details such as your PCAT and application submission info.
"Supplemental Received" confirmation email received on 11/1.
GPA: 2.91
Verbal - 68
Biology - 46
Reading - 41
Quantitative -13 (I ran out of time and guessed more than half the test. Reason for my retaking)
Chemistry - 81
Composite - 50
*EDIT* Technically this is my first choice of school because of the 3 year program.
Acceptance call for me as well JCzap! Congrats to you!
I agree with JCzap, the people were extremely friendly and the building and its facilities were very nice. I was quite impressed. I am going to accept the seat as South was my first choice mainly for the three year program. After the tour they are my first choice for a number of other reasons. I live in Lexington, a 20 minute drive from the campus, so I am local as well.
GPA: 3.1 per PharmCas
PCAT comp: 87
2 years as a Nuc Pharm Tech
I agree with JCzap, the people were extremely friendly and the building and its facilities were very nice. I was quite impressed. I am going to accept the seat as South was my first choice mainly for the three year program. After the tour they are my first choice for a number of other reasons. I live in Lexington, a 20 minute drive from the campus, so I am local as well.
GPA: 3.1 per PharmCas
PCAT comp: 87
2 years as a Nuc Pharm Tech
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No major interview prep necessary IMO. Wear a suit or women's equivalent and have lots of specific questions, and show some personality, that's the best advice I can give. Smile and laugh easily. Just be ready to talk about yourself. It is very laid back.
Thank you for the advice! I'm so nervous, my interview is in Dec. which is plenty of time 🙂
I'm sure you will be fine. They told us that if you're there for an interview this early they really want you. They just want to make sure you are human. I have to retract my post about accepting their offer. Shortly after posting that I got an invite to SCCP so I'm going to see how that goes before I jump the gun.
I got an email this am for a Dec. 7th interview at the Columbia campus. Only 2 of my references are in and my pharmcas hasn't been mailed yet, so that's weird. But whatever, I'm excited
Edit: Rescheduled my interview for Jan 18. I have a final exam on the 7th and the professor won't let me take the exam early. Grrrr, oh well, hopefully this won't affect my chances.
Edit: Rescheduled my interview for Jan 18. I have a final exam on the 7th and the professor won't let me take the exam early. Grrrr, oh well, hopefully this won't affect my chances.
Last edited:
Hello!
I am heading to SUSOP (Savannah) for the 12/7 interview session.
Anyone out there attending the December date as well?
PS: I got a great deal at Oglethorpe Inn & Suites of $59 for a King Suite with advanced booking. It is less than a mile from campus.
I am heading to SUSOP (Savannah) for the 12/7 interview session.
Anyone out there attending the December date as well?
PS: I got a great deal at Oglethorpe Inn & Suites of $59 for a King Suite with advanced booking. It is less than a mile from campus.
Hello!
I am heading to SUSOP (Savannah) for the 12/7 interview session.
Anyone out there attending the December date as well?
PS: I got a great deal at Oglethorpe Inn & Suites of $59 for a King Suite with advanced booking. It is less than a mile from campus.
hey i just recieve my email this morning, i will be there next friday as well.
and thank you for the rental information. I'm looking for the place to stay on thursday though 👍
See you there
Hi! I didn't see anything other threads for this school so I thought I would start one. I have tried searching SDN for threads about this school, but I haven't been able to find anything recent. Anyone know why this is? Also is anyone applying here?
I think you should change the tittle to 2012 and class 2017 👍. I was confused when i try to find the topic though
hey i just recieve my email this morning, i will be there next friday as well.
and thank you for the rental information. I'm looking for the place to stay on thursday though 👍
See you there
The rate is good everyday! I am checking in Thursday as well. PM me if you want to meet up for a coffee🙂 That goes for anyone!
I think you should change the tittle to 2012 and class 2017 👍. I was confused when i try to find the topic though
This school is a 3 year program so it is the class of 2016.
Received acceptance into the program (Savannah) today as well!
Looking forward to meeting everyone in June🙂
Looking forward to meeting everyone in June🙂
I just got a call from one of my interviewers that I'm accepted! 🙂 So excited!! I hope everyone hears back soon!
Congratulation!!! 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations FarmD12 and Linh89!
By the way -- for accepted students of either campus: Class of 2016 FB Page
Last edited:
It really depends on when your one-on-one interview is scheduled... Those are the last order of business for the day, and they got underway about 1pm. I was in the first slot of those to be interviewed and post-interview had a short tour of the campus. I left about 2-2:30.
However, there were folks scheduled for interviews through the end of the day. Not sure what time they wrapped up.
However, there were folks scheduled for interviews through the end of the day. Not sure what time they wrapped up.
Thanks! 🙂It really depends on when your one-on-one interview is scheduled... Those are the last order of business for the day, and they got underway about 1pm. I was in the first slot of those to be interviewed and post-interview had a short tour of the campus. I left about 2-2:30.
However, there were folks scheduled for interviews through the end of the day. Not sure what time they wrapped up.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K