South University School of Pharmacy (Entering 2016) C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bournka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for the class of 2019, entering June 2016. Please post your thoughts and STATS here.

You may also communicate on issues regarding the interview process and experiences here, Network with fellow prospective students and hopefully current and former students of South University College of Pharmacy will join.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invitation to interview on 9/11/2015 at the Savanah Campus. Anyone else received one?

Congrats on your interview! What campus are you interviewing at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Faith worked for me. just got my acceptance letter this morning. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Faith worked for me. just got my acceptance letter this morning. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical millennial, bringing along their helicopter messiah to the interview.

I received an invitation to interview on 9/11/2015 at the Savanah Campus. Anyone else received one?
I got my interview on the same day, but I rescheduled mine until Oct.2. How was your interview? Im feeling super nervous right now...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I'm sorry I thought for sure they'd offer you a spot.

DON'T GO THERE! Consider yourself warned!! If you still do then every soon you will know what I am talking about! :)

Expound on this please? Have you been through this program? Has it been difficult for you to find a job? Were the professors less than satisfactory?

I didn't go to South University, but from what I've gathered from other threads:

1. Mandatory professional dress code at all times.
2. Hourly attendance checks everyday.
3. No food or drinks in the lecture hall.
4. Relatively unknown school.

I got my interview on the same day, but I rescheduled mine until Oct.2. How was your interview? Im feeling super nervous right now...

@cedrix4eva Hi Cedrix,
What was your reason for rescheduling and was it easy to reschedule or is that looked down upon?

@cedrix4eva Hi Cedrix,
What was your reason for rescheduling and was it easy to reschedule or is that looked down upon?
Hello there,
Yeah, the rescheduling is super easy and they are so helpful as well as accommodating. Because I am from California, I have to fly out on Thursday. However, I have class project and presentation due that day so I cannot catch the flight. I told them so and they rescheduled me for the next interview session.

Hello there,
Yeah, the rescheduling is super easy and they are so helpful as well as accommodating. Because I am from California, I have to fly out on Thursday. However, I have class project and presentation due that day so I cannot catch the flight. I told them so and they rescheduled me for the next interview session.

Awesome. I have a handful of interviews and wanted to be prepared if they were scheduled on the same day. I just got word of my interview at South University. How was your interview? Did you like the school? I'm also coming from California.

Congratz on your interview invitations. I was nervous at first, but it is really relax, as people said. The interview is very conversational, not intimidating at all. The faculties and current students are friendly and welcoming. Overall, I really like the school, except the location which I find a lil odd.

Awesome. I have a handful of interviews and wanted to be prepared if they were scheduled on the same day. I just got word of my interview at South University. How was your interview? Did you like the school? I'm also coming from California.
Congratz on your interview invitations. I was nervous at first, but it is really relax, as people said. The interview is very conversational, not intimidating at all. The faculties and current students are friendly and welcoming. Overall, I really like the school, except the location which I find a lil odd.

I've lived in Tennessee for most of my life so I could see how the location might be very different for someone coming from California. I have my other interviews before the one in the Savannah so I have a feeling I'll end up putting a deposit down before I'm able to even attend the interview at South unfortunately. Have you had any other interviews aside from that one?

I've lived in Tennessee for most of my life so I could see how the location might be very different for someone coming from California. I have my other interviews before the one in the Savannah so I have a feeling I'll end up putting a deposit down before I'm able to even attend the interview at South unfortunately. Have you had any other interviews aside from that one?
Was you in my group at Manchester University?

Anyone have an interview for January 22nd? That's when I interview.

Is it too late to apply for this upcoming year?

I didn't go to South University, but from what I've gathered from other threads:

1. Mandatory professional dress code at all times.
4. Relatively unknown school.

Mandatory professional dress code - TRUE.
Hourly attendance checks - SEMI TRUE: We have attendance taken during each class, so not exactly hourly LOL. But the truth is, attendance is mandatory, and the pace is pretty fast so if you miss class, you have missed a lot.
No food or drinks in lecture: - TRUE: We are allowed to have water inside the lecture hall, but we do have a student lounge in which we keep our coffee and soda, snacks, etc. (in Columbia, ours is right across from the class rooms, I don't know where Savannah's is, but I know they have one as well)
Relatively unknown school - SEMI TRUE: It depends on your location, really. They are well known here and in GA. Just like hundreds of other private schools I'm sure.

I'm currently a P3 student at South Columbia.

Reactions: 1 users
1.Mandatory professional dress code at all times.
4. Relatively unknown school

I would like to elaborate on this if you all don't mind. Pharmacy profession itself requires a certain degree of professionalism in order to gain respect from your patients or from ppl in general. school is not only responsible for teaching you the material, but also responsible for teaching you how to act like a pharmacist. For the attendance, YOU ARE PAYING OVER 100K FOR THE PROGRAM, YOU NEED TO BE THERE.
Therefore, dress code and all that is only for your own benefit.
how do you know so much about the school if it is unknown :p
bottom line if you can't attend and dress professionally and eat outside the classroom, you probably need to consider another profession.

Reactions: 1 user
Stats of those who interviewed? I am waiting to hear back...it's a shame they dont want to see my PCAT scores..

I would like to elaborate on this if you all don't mind. Pharmacy profession itself requires a certain degree of professionalism in order to gain respect from your patients or from ppl in general. school is not only responsible for teaching you the material, but also responsible for teaching you how to act like a pharmacist. For the attendance, YOU ARE PAYING OVER 100K FOR THE PROGRAM, YOU NEED TO BE THERE.
bottom line if you can't attend and dress professionally and eat outside the classroom, you probably need to consider another profession.

You seem to have a lot of preconceptions about what pharmacy is like without actually having started pharmacy school yet.
As for attendance, since it's a 3 year program, I suppose attendance could be important. Not to me personally or my style of learning. But mandatory attendance checks seems very juvenile and maybe even patronizing of "professionals".
As for dress code, I suppose it is a requirement for retail and industry pharmacists. But the hospital pharmacist that dresses professionally on a daily basis is like a unicorn. It's extremely impractical. Once again, "dress codes" are something the matriculating students should have learned before entering pharmacy school.
I suppose I shouldn't say the school is "unknown", but less reputable at least compared to the other schools in Georgia. They have lower admission standards (I believe they just eliminated the PCAT requirement, low as it was at ~50% previously) and lower NAPLEX/MPJE pass rates. Though their 3-year curriculum may have something to do with that, my colleagues are in general agreement that, generally, the students are not usually the best (though better than PCOM).
As for eating. Literally all pharmacists, retail and hospital, eat on the go or at their workstation.

In any case, South University's parent company went through, and lost, a rather large federal lawsuit having to do with their financial aid and recruiting practices.

In Decemeber, they were put on a 12-month warning by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) which is their accreditation association for the entire college due to their financial situation. This is because they most recently lost their case in November, so things are looking on the pessimistic side for them. Don't think they have a problem with the ACPE accreditation, but they're pretty lazy anyway.

Last edited:
Mandatory attendance? I never go to class in pharmacy school and I am among the top of my class. I'd much rather be able to pause the lecture video to take notes/check a concept from an outside source, rewind a section that wasn't clear, and take a break whenever I want. Sitting through a 4 hour lecture is boring and I retain nothing... it just takes time and energy away from my true studying. Most of the med students don't go to class either.

Last edited:
Has anyone from the Jan 22nd interview date gotten accepted yet?? I just received an email today (Jan 27th) stating I have been accepted.

You are paying 100K to them. Not vice versa. I'd prefer and did prefer someone who is more willing to cater to my wants and needs rather than the other way around. My employer today is paying me over 100K. I can't just tell them that they also need to follow all the rules I set for them.

I received an email yesterday stating I was accepted to the Savannah campus. I have a couple more interviews scheduled in Feb. and March, which I plan on attending, and then deciding from there.

Although south wasn't my first choice, I was slightly swayed after I interviewed with them. The faculty seemed nice, the few students I spoke with had no complaint about the school. I have till February 8th to make a decision. I am now seriously considering south, due to a few reasons - one being its cheaper than my first choice. I was accepted into the Savannah campus. Would any current student of south be kind enough to share pros and cons (their experience so far)??

My interview is on Feb 5th and am kind of nervous , does anybody know what kind of questions to expect ?

No, but i'll be there interviewing as well..

My interview is on Feb 5th and am kind of nervous , does anybody know what kind of questions to expect ?
The interview is very laid back. The people who interviewed me were quite friendly .... the interview is closed file

I can second that, Laid back interview, simple writing assessment, very positive atmosphere.

Good luck to all those who interviewed yesterday! Be sure to post updates

interviewed last Friday, got the acceptance call today.

How long was your interview with South? In the email I received, it said it was going to last over 7 hours???

More or less, the interview is only 15-30 minutes, but you will be there touring and such for the better part of the day.

I got accepted!!! SO excited!
Good luck! I am from Savannah and I didn't apply there. 7 of my friends went there and noone of them had to say anything good about it. I went for the tour and I felt a bit racist by the school.

I would avoid going to this school. If you want to go to a three year program there are other schools but not this one. The professors do not teach anything. A couple of them teach at an undergrad school and come here part time (LIKE SERIOUSLY). You're going to pay 50k/year and they cant have a full time professor for teaching. Other classes like PK are self taught. The students teach other groups. If you really want to fall for this than go ahead.

Seems like there is some other bias going on with him, you toured but did not apply?

U mad bro?
I am not mad. Also go to indeed jobs and search for pharmacy in Savannah. They got lot of openings for faculty so guess what? The professors are leaving and the same teachers are going to teach multiple classes.