Southern Interview

Started by sp4175
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sp4175

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an interview scheduled for Southern yet? I have one next month, and I was wondering how it was and if anyone had any tips.

Thanks!
 
Not a current applicant, but I was in your shoes not too long ago and will be a first year at SCO in the fall.

From what I recall, SCO's interview was extremely low key. There was one closed interview with a faculty member then a "counseling" session where they went over your academics/ECs with you to make sure your prereqs were in line.

The interview was extremely laid back and really, was just a conversation. Just know what you're going to say for many of the typical questions (why do you want to be an optometrist, etc.) and it'll be a breeze!

Hope this helped and good luck on your interview!