Southwest Baptist University

Started by KBPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KBPT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have just received an email that I was put in the waitlist.

Has anyone been in the same position and been accepted?
 
I was last waitlisted last year and this year I was accepted. Just curious when did you apply and what are your stats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also in the waitlist. lol


I'm also in the waitlist. lol Can I know your status?
University: Ball State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall PTCAS GPA: 3.22 (lot of retaken courses)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.5 (depending on school)

GRE: 152V, 155Q, 3.5 AW

Letters of Rec: 2 PTs and an Exercise Science Professor

Extra-Curric: Rehab Aide @ inpatient hospital, Full-Time Patient Transporter, Personal Trainer/Wellness Staff at YMCA, CPR certified

Observation hours: 65 hours in outpatient clinic, 35 at Acute Care Hospital, 50 hrs at Rehabilitation Hospital (where I work as transporter and aide) Plus on going hours through work.

Applied: Trine University (Non PTCAS) Indiana State University, Mount St. Joseph University, Walsh University, Marshall University, Rockhurst University, Southwest Baptist University, Bellarmine University

Interviews: Indiana State (12-2-16), Trine (Declined), Mount St. Joseph (1-13-17), Marshall (1-4-17), Rockhurst (12-3-16 and 2nd interview via skype 2-11-17), Bellarmine (Declined), Walsh (1-27-17)

Acceptances: Southwest Baptist (10-21) Marshall (4-27-17)

Waitlists: Indiana State, Walsh

Rejects: Mount St. Joseph


Submitted PTCAS 9/22
Verified PTCAS 9/28
 
University: Ball State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall PTCAS GPA: 3.22 (lot of retaken courses)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.5 (depending on school)

GRE: 152V, 155Q, 3.5 AW

Letters of Rec: 2 PTs and an Exercise Science Professor

Extra-Curric: Rehab Aide @ inpatient hospital, Full-Time Patient Transporter, Personal Trainer/Wellness Staff at YMCA, CPR certified

Observation hours: 65 hours in outpatient clinic, 35 at Acute Care Hospital, 50 hrs at Rehabilitation Hospital (where I work as transporter and aide) Plus on going hours through work.

Applied: Trine University (Non PTCAS) Indiana State University, Mount St. Joseph University, Walsh University, Marshall University, Rockhurst University, Southwest Baptist University, Bellarmine University

Interviews: Indiana State (12-2-16), Trine (Declined), Mount St. Joseph (1-13-17), Marshall (1-4-17), Rockhurst (12-3-16 and 2nd interview via skype 2-11-17), Bellarmine (Declined), Walsh (1-27-17)

Acceptances: Southwest Baptist (10-21) Marshall (4-27-17)

Waitlists: Indiana State, Walsh

Rejects: Mount St. Joseph


Submitted PTCAS 9/22
Verified PTCAS 9/28
Congratulations!! Are you going with SBU??
I'm on their waitlist. The suspense is killing me!
 
Can I know your waitlist range? I was told that I'm in the 20-30.
I dont know. They made it seem like there was no ranking. Do you mind telling me what your stats are? I'm currently still in the last prerequisite needed so maybe that's why they couldnt tell me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad