-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Southwest Baptist University
Started by JNSmith
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was accepted by them about a week ago. I'm pretty sure I'm attending there, so I think I should be sending in my deposit next week.
When you hear from them depends on when you submitted your application (they have rolling admissions).
When you hear from them depends on when you submitted your application (they have rolling admissions).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the deadline depends on when you were officially accepted. Not sure though. I submitted my application in October as well and haven't heard a single thing - good or bad. I don't even know if I'm wait listed.
It probably means you're wait-listed; check with the coordinator to make sure.
I just received a letter yesterday from SBU with a question about a Pre-req. I'm currently in the class, so hopefully they can still accept me if I'm working on it. I applied there three weeks ago and heard yesterday. Good luck everyone.
I was wait listed there last week, and have a personal visit on Friday to check out the school and area.
Hey everyone!
I just called Southwest Baptist and their class isn't full yet. Since they have rolling admissions until April 16 they are still reviewing the current applications and have not had the chance to look at applicants that have been waitlisted. I'm currently number 80 on the waitlist. 🙁 Just thought I'd update in case some of you are still waiting to hear from them.
I just called Southwest Baptist and their class isn't full yet. Since they have rolling admissions until April 16 they are still reviewing the current applications and have not had the chance to look at applicants that have been waitlisted. I'm currently number 80 on the waitlist. 🙁 Just thought I'd update in case some of you are still waiting to hear from them.
Does anyone have any information on this school? I was accepted in November and decided to send my deposit in case I didn't get in anywhere else. The school appears to be located in the middle of nowhere, Missouri and I understand it's curriculum includes some religious courses, which I'm not exactly thrilled about. However, the school is very cheap for a private school and the program is a bit shorter than your typical 3 year program. I was wondering if any current students could shine some light on this or offer some advice about choosing SBU.
Well, it's a pretty good PT program... we just finished up our first semester and everything went well. It's tough like all PT programs, but still doable. There are some silly things like mandatory attendance, but overall they have a very good PT program... I'll say this one thing though, if for some reason there are unforeseen circumstances (like terrible weather) that causes them to cancel class during the week they already warn you that they may try to make it up on a Saturday..
As for the town of Bolivar, yes it's a small town, but it also has everything you need in it. Springfield is about 30 minutes away if you ever feel the urge to experience big city life...
As for the town of Bolivar, yes it's a small town, but it also has everything you need in it. Springfield is about 30 minutes away if you ever feel the urge to experience big city life...
Last edited:
Does anyone have any information on this school? I was accepted in November and decided to send my deposit in case I didn't get in anywhere else. The school appears to be located in the middle of nowhere, Missouri and I understand it's curriculum includes some religious courses, which I'm not exactly thrilled about. However, the school is very cheap for a private school and the program is a bit shorter than your typical 3 year program. I was wondering if any current students could shine some light on this or offer some advice about choosing SBU.
Just curious when you submitted your application to SBU. Sorry - I don't know much about the program.
i submitted my application in late august and I heard back on like, november 6th or something. i know they do rolling admissions, so the earlier you apply the better.
shyster: do most students live on campus or are apartments the more popular choice? I also was wondering about the food plan. is it worth purchasing?
shyster: do most students live on campus or are apartments the more popular choice? I also was wondering about the food plan. is it worth purchasing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I encourage private apartments or a duplex because you have more control of what's going on and who you roommate with if you decide to do so. There are also apartments owned by the school....
I do not think the meal plan is worth it at all. it's around $1500 per semester which is outrageous... the only good thing is that it's convenient because you don't have to cook .
I do not think the meal plan is worth it at all. it's around $1500 per semester which is outrageous... the only good thing is that it's convenient because you don't have to cook .