Spacing out primary submission to avoid secondary burnout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daffodil017

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to add schools to my primary application over the course of several days/weeks to space out when I receive my secondaries?

For example. Having 5 to 10 schools listed prior to July 10 then adding the remaining schools one week later after I’ve already completed some secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools don’t send you a secondary until 2-3 or more weeks after your primary. Some send the same day. That’s hard to know and plan for. Also, you know they see what schools and when applied on your primary.

i think the best way to avoid burnout is to pre- write as much as you can. Look at last years questions. Many do not change!

Some schools don’t send you a secondary until 2-3 or more weeks after your primary. Some send the same day. That’s hard to know and plan for. Also, you know they see what schools and when applied on your primary.

i think the best way to avoid burnout is to pre- write as much as you can. Look at last years questions. Many do not change!

This isn't true. The only thing schools can see is whether or not you hold an acceptance after the PTE date.

Members don't see this ad :)
We (who use AMCAS) never see where you applied, where you were waitlisted or accepted.
Late in the cycle we can see that you plan to enroll or have committed to enroll somewhere. We do not see where.

I'm never exactly sure what happens in TX.

Reactions: 1 user