Spanish Barrier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ging89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Dentists or dental students out there know of any good book that teaches them Spanish for the dental field????? I want a professional's opinion because the comments on some book store sites, I don't trust. Is there a book out there that really helped you in communicating with the Spanish patient population??
Please list them & also state whether you have learned Spanish prior to reading this book & state whether you are a dentist or dental student.
Thanks!...much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

There's is a book with cd titled something like "Spanish For the Dental Professionals." I bought it then came to my business sense and moved out of Commiefornia. I never even looked at it but yes it's out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have yet to find a good book that teaches good medical/dental spanish. The link posted above is pretty good, but as Crazy_Sherm said, you have to already know basic spanish.

What I found to be the best approach is to just learn basic conversational spanish and then pick up the medical terminology wherever you can get it (websites like the link above, books, shadowing, externships abroad, etc).

I learned spanish from a book called "See it Say it in Spanish" and some cd's called "Learning Spanish Like Crazy". Oh, I also try to use it every chance I get.

There's is a book with cd titled something like "Spanish For the Dental Professionals." I bought it then came to my business sense and moved out of Commiefornia. I never even looked at it but yes it's out there.

Sad thing is that you move anywhere in this country and it's basically turning into a second language country like Canada. Better to know your encias from your dentaduras sooner rather than later.

There is an Ipod App that helps you learn dental spanish- very basic but I thought it was worth it.