Spanish for Optometrists

Started by lilxkgrli
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lilxkgrli

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone is taking a Spanish for optometrists course at their school. My school (NSUOCO) does not offer any courses but there are a handful of us who would still like to learn. I actually started a Spanish club last year but am struggling a little with getting good helpful material.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on textbooks, websites, etc that were beneficial. Or if anybody is willing, I was hoping to get some files/notes if it wasn't too much trouble.

Thanks in advance
NSUOCO 2015
 
I didn't take the class at my school (it was during one of my clinic rotations) but I hear this is a pretty decent book:

Spanish Terminology for the Eyecare Team

Also NOSA gives away a mini Spanish eye exam book that covers some of the basics. If you have a NOSA chapter at your school that might be a good bet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone is taking a Spanish for optometrists course at their school. My school (NSUOCO) does not offer any courses but there are a handful of us who would still like to learn. I actually started a Spanish club last year but am struggling a little with getting good helpful material.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on textbooks, websites, etc that were beneficial. Or if anybody is willing, I was hoping to get some files/notes if it wasn't too much trouble.

Thanks in advance
NSUOCO 2015

In my opinion, the best approach to Spanish language learning is a brief 40 hour course of classroom and lab instruction over a time period of a semester and then follow that up with a 2-4 week immersion program in a foreign country.

I think Greg Flores, MD out of University of Wisconsin who has significant experience in expertise may have written such an article while he was at UCLA.
 
QueenieCSS- I know that the school in Puerto Rico uses that book. I heard it was pretty good too. Thanks.