Spanish for Optometrists

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilxkgrli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone is taking a Spanish for optometrists course at their school. My school (NSUOCO) does not offer any courses but there are a handful of us who would still like to learn. I actually started a Spanish club last year but am struggling a little with getting good helpful material.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on textbooks, websites, etc that were beneficial. Or if anybody is willing, I was hoping to get some files/notes if it wasn't too much trouble.

Thanks in advance
NSUOCO 2015

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take the class at my school (it was during one of my clinic rotations) but I hear this is a pretty decent book:

Spanish Terminology for the Eyecare Team

Also NOSA gives away a mini Spanish eye exam book that covers some of the basics. If you have a NOSA chapter at your school that might be a good bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone is taking a Spanish for optometrists course at their school. My school (NSUOCO) does not offer any courses but there are a handful of us who would still like to learn. I actually started a Spanish club last year but am struggling a little with getting good helpful material.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on textbooks, websites, etc that were beneficial. Or if anybody is willing, I was hoping to get some files/notes if it wasn't too much trouble.

Thanks in advance
NSUOCO 2015

In my opinion, the best approach to Spanish language learning is a brief 40 hour course of classroom and lab instruction over a time period of a semester and then follow that up with a 2-4 week immersion program in a foreign country.

I think Greg Flores, MD out of University of Wisconsin who has significant experience in expertise may have written such an article while he was at UCLA.

QueenieCSS- I know that the school in Puerto Rico uses that book. I heard it was pretty good too. Thanks.