Spanish I

Started by DreStylez
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DreStylez

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am at 13 credit hours at the moment and I will be concentrating on my Extracurricular Activities this semester since I havn't done anything extensive along with Organic Chemistry at UIC. This semester I have Org Chem II, MicoEcon, and two other 3 credit Gen Eds. I will be volunteering at Rush Medical Center for about 6 hours a week and I will be pledgeing Alpha Phi Omega which also does a lot of community service. I just transferred from a CC and I am still adjusting to University life along with school. Should I add Spanish I to make it 17 credit hours and 5 classes all together?!?!?! I am also planning to take the June PCAT as well. Oh yeah I am also a Certified and licensed PharmTech with no experience.

Thanks

Dre
 
Why load up with another class with all the extra curriculars you have going on? You can take Spanish over the summer. In my opinion, you may spread yourself too thin and not do well in everything. Only you can be the judge of your own abilities and whether you can fit it in.
 
Spanish 101 is very easy. I would do it. But, only you know how much you can handle. You might feel stressed with how much Alpha Phi will require for pledges. I am in a sorority (founding sister) and we required a huge commitment from our pledges. So, keep that in mind.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am at 13 credit hours at the moment and I will be concentrating on my Extracurricular Activities this semester since I havn't done anything extensive along with Organic Chemistry at UIC. This semester I have Org Chem II, MicoEcon, and two other 3 credit Gen Eds. I will be volunteering at Rush Medical Center for about 6 hours a week and I will be pledgeing Alpha Phi Omega which also does a lot of community service. I just transferred from a CC and I am still adjusting to University life along with school. Should I add Spanish I to make it 17 credit hours and 5 classes all together?!?!?! I am also planning to take the June PCAT as well. Oh yeah I am also a Certified and licensed PharmTech with no experience.

Thanks

Dre

I went to UIC and spanish there is very simple. I took spanish 110 which is a combination of spanish 1 and 2. It served as my easy A. I would take it if I were you.
 
Thanks guys I really appreciate! This whole transfer process has been really stressful since I already dropped 2 classes with the fear that I would hurt my GPA since I am not used to this University style. I dropped A&P II since all that memorizing along with Organic II would be too much for me and also I dropped Physics II since the program was really hard to point where the professor would go too fast and also had a foreign accent which many of us couldn't understand. I added Span 101 by the way, but I'll see first if I have missed much to the point where I could not catch up.

Thanks,

Dre
 
Pledging APO takes a lot of time out of your schedule, at least at my school (I did it but I'm not in the fraternity). It all depends on how you can handle languages and how intensive foreign language classes are at your school. If it's an easy class, go for it. I know when I was pledging and was on the board of a small student organization and worked about 6-7 hours a week, my 15 credits was all that I could handle.