DAT Special Offers and Raffle from Kaplan Test Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exclusively for Test Prep Week, Kaplan is pleased to offer a special discount for SDN members! Enroll in a comprehensive Kaplan DAT Course between March 7th and March 9th, 2011, and automatically receive $100 off the cost of your tuition, plus our Organic Edge (a $499 value) absolutely free!

To take advantage of this special offer, call 1-800-KAP-TEST today.

In addition, as part of Test Prep Week we'll be raffling off a free comprehensive DAT prep course! The winner will be chosen from among the members who post questions about our courses or otherwise contribute meaningfully to the discussion. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaplan was the best prep course when I was studying for the SAT. The materials were very helpful and the inctructors were very knowledgeable. Kaplan really helped to improve my score and get into a good college. I am very interested in using Kaplan's materials to study for the DAT.

SKdds - Glad to hear you had such a great experience with your SAT prep! We maintain the same standards of quality for our DAT courses, so you should be in good shape when the time comes to take the exam. Do you know when you'll be taking the DAT yet?

Are all of your courses in person instructors? Do you have any "own pace" courses? Can you squeeze in a course before May 19th?

Members don't see this ad :)
@tpete - We've got a variety of different courses to meet your needs as a student. Some of the other threads in this forum have more info, but to give you a brief breakdown:

- DAT Advantage On Site is probably what you think of when you imagine a prep class; it's held at a physical location near you, and you attend classes on a set schedule with a live instructor.

- DAT Advantage Anywhere is the live, online version of our prep class; you still have a live instructor who you're interacting with in real-time, but the class is delivered online in a virtual Anywhere classroom.

- DAT On Demand is the "own pace" course option; instead of a live instructor, you have pre-recorded video lessons that take you through the same material - it's great for students who's schedules don't allow them to attend a regular class.

- DAT One-on-One is our private tutoring option, and includes enrollment in an On Site or Anywhere class.

I hope that helps clarify things! As for your timeline, May 19th is cutting it a bit close but it is still possible to squeeze in a class before then! Just visit www.KaplanDAT.com and enter your zip code, or give us a call at 1-800-KAP-TEST to find a class schedule that works for you - let us know if you need any help!

I've taken the DAT course with Kaplan twice and taken the Canadian DAT twice. The instructor was very helpful and knowledgeable. But now I'm considering taking the US DAT, which includes additional subjects (Math, Org Chem). I've been thinking a lot about taking a US DAT course with Kaplan, but I'm not sure if it's worth doing? Is there a more advanced class that I can attend since I've already taken the Canadian DAT course twice?

ecft07,

Glad to hear you had a great experience with us on the Canadian DAT! We don't have a more 'advanced' course exactly but we get EXCELLENT feedback on our Organic Chemistry and our Quantitative Reasoning. I was just with a student the other day who told me she wished she had Kaplan Organic Chemistry before she took it at her University! :D

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Patrick

I think my friend told me in the past that the DAT course he took from Kaplan was taught by 1 person but I was wondering if there are any courses offered that are taught by several people specialized in a single subject?

ecft07,

Glad to hear you had a great experience with us on the Canadian DAT! We don't have a more 'advanced' course exactly but we get EXCELLENT feedback on our Organic Chemistry and our Quantitative Reasoning. I was just with a student the other day who told me she wished she had Kaplan Organic Chemistry before she took it at her University! :D

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Patrick

Hello Patrick, thanks for the reply.

I'm planning to take the test in mid-June. If I decide to take a prep class with Kaplan again, when should i take it? and should i take the on site or the online version of the prep class?

Thanks for your help!

I am already enrolled in the Kaplan DAT prep course. Are you offering free DAT Organic Edge to those enrolled and want to try it out first? I think the online homework questions are extremely helpful. I would like try DAT Organic Edge to see if it could help me improve my score.

I think my friend told me in the past that the DAT course he took from Kaplan was taught by 1 person but I was wondering if there are any courses offered that are taught by several people specialized in a single subject?

I couldn't agree more with you on this one! I felt as if my instructur was not prepared to teach. In fact, he did not even score well on math or reading. He is on sdn, so I would hate to put out his name and scores. I would rather have different instructors who scored well on the sections they teach.

can you give us a breakdown of the costs for each program?

Storku,

You remembered correctly! We really make it a point to have 1 EXCELLENT teacher for each program that we offer. This allows the program to be much more streamlined and have a go to person who can help you monitor your progress throughout!

PM me with further questions!

Patrick

I couldn't agree more with you on this one! I felt as if my instructur was not prepared to teach. In fact, he did not even score well on math or reading. He is on sdn, so I would hate to put out his name and scores. I would rather have different instructors who scored well on the sections they teach.

Hamptongirl,

If you would like to discuss your experience further please PM me! We take student feedback VERY seriously!

Patrick

Does kaplan offer a way to get all the online supplemental material regularly given to someone who would be taking the kaplan course but at a different price that isn't including the actual class? I hear great things about kaplan and have the book but wanted a way to take extra practice tests without taking the actual kaplan course. Being a college student I don't have enough funds for the class at the moment so that's why I am asking. If this grant ever comes through I hope to experience the class with the extra online materials. :)

Thanks

-Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.