Specialization in Switzerland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fiorellino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Iris, and actually I'm studying medicine in Italy. I was wondering how does function the medical school of specialization in Switzerland. What should be the requirement to be a specilizing student? The only problem is that my nationallity is Albanian, and I'm an extra-UE citizen, as well I'm going to graduate in Italy. What should I do? I'll be very grateful if someone helps me with more information, cause I feel so disoriented :(

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody knows anything? Any student or colleague that is extra UE citizen and experienced the same way?

Well, first question, are you an EU citizen? Going by your 2nd reply, I'm assuming you're not, in which case it will be quite hard to get in to Switzerland.

Switzerland usually only chooses EU citizens/EU graduates only when they are in shortage of physicians (and they choose them especially from Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and to a small extent, from Italy.)

The good thing is that if you do try and get an EU citizenship, you shouldn't have a problem moving there to specialize (as long as you move to one of the Italian-speaking cantons; unless you know French or Swiss German.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, first question, are you an EU citizen? Going by your 2nd reply, I'm assuming you're not, in which case it will be quite hard to get in to Switzerland.

Switzerland usually only chooses EU citizens/EU graduates only when they are in shortage of physicians (and they choose them especially from Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and to a small extent, from Italy.)

The good thing is that if you do try and get an EU citizenship, you shouldn't have a problem moving there to specialize (as long as you move to one of the Italian-speaking cantons; unless you know French or Swiss German.)

Thank you very much for the clear response!

Hi! I've heard about the new law concerning immigration in Switzerland that is about to introduced. Would it be still possible for a EU medical graduate to come to Switzerland in order to specialize and work as a doctor? I would be very grateful for any information.