Specializing/residency in Canada for an EU graduate

Started by katie7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

katie7

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
My name is Katrin and I am currently a 5th year medical student in Estonia (EU).

I was wondering if it is doable for me to specialize in Canada. I know theoretically it is, but although an EU member, the whole world still considers us as an unknown Eastern European country, which can make the whole passing a residency abroad difficult.
So, basically, I'd appreciate if someone who knows the whole entrance procedure well, could help me.
I am interested in haematology (and urology/andrology) and I speak French. So, the perfect for me would be in Montreal.
1. Should I contact the hospital or the university (who is responsible for educating the interns?)?
2. What are the odds they accept me and not a Canadian graduate?
3. What are the entrance conditions? Any exam? Language level certificate? And after all- EU people shouldn't have problems with recognizing their diplomas?

For now it is all. I would so so much appreciate if any of you took time to answer me.
Thanks