Specialty forums and blogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tahitian3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere on the internet to find discussion forums for dds graduates who are already in their specialty training (enod, ortho, etc.)? I tried dentaltown but it seemed like everyone there were already into their careers.

Members don't see this ad.

tahitian3 said:
Is there anywhere on the internet to find discussion forums for dds graduates who are already in their specialty training (enod, ortho, etc.)? I tried dentaltown but it seemed like everyone there were already into their careers.

we could certainly start some specialty forums here, but it would be a shame for them to die off due to lack of posts.

I'm sure there are lots of lurkers around here who are in specialty programs. If we opened specialty-related forums, would you guys come out of the woodwork and post?

If Dental Specialty Forums open up, I doubt that too many posts will register! Of course, OMFS, Ortho, GPR, AEGD will get "some" posts, but for Perio, Prostho, Pedo probably will only get one or two posts every month. Even with posts, mainly they will be questions and no one will reply due to the lack of residents lurking. Even with residents lurking, most of them won't post or help out!

You can't obviously only open OMFS and Ortho forums and not have other dental specialties, so I suggest that leave all dental specialties within the Dental forum for now until more demand is out there for new forums.

I know for OMFS, there are several threads that are demanding and long with numerous pages, but just not enough to earn its own forum yet.

Why not just open one forum that deals with all specialties? Call it something like Dental Specialties (that was really original) and let people post any question about any speciality in there. That may increase traffic and not let so many forums die.

Just a thought.