Specialty Program Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physics Guy1421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just a pre-dent but I'm just curious to learn about the requirements for specialty programs and wondering if anyone could provide me with a useful link or point me in the right direction.

I know it's important to focus on dental school right now, which I am, I'm just trying to become versed on the academic requirements for the specialties.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Get good grades, graduate and kill the NBDE I

Get good grades, graduate and kill the NBDE I

Haha, thanks! Is NBDE 1 the exam you take after your first or second year of d-school (depending on where you go) or is it the board you take after you graduate from d-school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, thanks! Is NBDE 1 the exam you take after your first or second year of d-school (depending on where you go) or is it the board you take after you graduate from d-school?

Thanks!

It is the one you will take within the first 2 years (the first one you mentioned).

It is the one you will take within the first 2 years (the first one you mentioned).

Hey thanks! I'm also wondering if there is a website that lists specific schools that have specific programs. I've visited a few dental school's websites but didn't get very far.

Thanks!

Hey thanks! I'm also wondering if there is a website that lists specific schools that have specific programs. I've visited a few dental school's websites but didn't get very far.

Thanks!

I can only speak for ortho. Here is the link for the AAO that has information about every program in the country, including links to the programs. most programs do not have any specific requirements that they state other than going to/graduating from an accredited dental school, taking the boards, etc. i assume that the other specialties have similar sites that you can search for.

http://www.braces.org/studentsteachers/careers/orthodontistcareer.cfm