Europe specialty training in switzerland

Started by svonk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

svonk

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in doing my specialty training in Switzerland and I need to find somebody who can help me with my questions. I work in the US but I got my MD in a EU country (Hungary), which is a good start I guess. Does anybody know how hard it is to get into a program? Do they recognize my diploma without trouble or I need to take exams? I would like to do neuropathology which is supposed to be really good there. Language is not easy, but a solvable problem I think. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks!
 
I'm sorry, this doesn't really answer your question, it just adds a few more...

I'm from Portugal and I'm also pondering doing my specialty training in Switzerland. One thing I can tell you with almost 100% certainty is that a diploma from any UE country is accepted without trouble, granting immediate equivalence.
I have no idea how hard it is to get into a program, though. Someone from my faculty (graduated last year) is currently in Switzerland in Psychiatry training (which incidentally is what I'm interested in). I know he had an interview in order to be admitted (though I don't know what kind of interview) and I think he didn't have to do a written exam to gain access (as opposed to what happens here in Portugal). Oh, he is also fluent in French.

My question is: what are the admission criteria? Final grade in Medical School? Some sort of exam? Something else?

Any answers, suggestions or commentaries are more than welcome! =)
 
Last edited: