specical professors who really care.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Professor,

I apologize that I have not been able to come to your office
hours. Due to the nature of my schedule I'm afraid I don't have
any free time around noon and I just got into town on Wednesday,
after drop/add ended. I had not realized drop/add ended so soon.
On Isis I am still registered for ENY3005 but not the Lab. Am I
going to get dropped or not receive credit or my work? I'm not
sure what to do at this point? Can I just continue on with the
course?

Thank you,

HIS REPLY:

It's not my fault you did not come by, now is it? Debbie, what's the protocol on this?

Debbie is the person he forwarded this to.
Ok if your going to tell me off, atleast sign your name at the end, I get if you don't even want to give a greeting. UGIHSEFID

Anyways, can he do anything? I'm registered for the course on my schedule and I'm going to pay it and finish the course work. He's in charge of the lab section of the class. Can he make me get an F or something? What can a school do if you didn't take the lab but you did finish tech class properly on time and paid fees and everything?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the lab part of the course? If so, why aren't you taking it? If not, it shouldn't really matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be lucky you got a response. I've had professors who don't respond to e-mail...

Can you still drop with a W? This sort of thing should be outlined in your student manual or course catalog. If not, go ask your registrar.

Can you not just take the lab another semester? I took a lot of lecture and lab classes separately and there was no problem. I actually had a professor recommend it once...

yeah thats the thing my school does not require that the class and the lab be taken simultaneously. so i don't understand why this particular class absolutely makes lecture and lab simultaneous. plus the classes in my school that do make you take them together just makes you register for one class but you go to both lab and class. this one lets you register separately but insists that you have to also register for the lab and the only way out is to talk to this guy. i don't understand why I have to drop with a W when there are no reasons for me to drop it?

He's annoying me greatly...

yeah thats the thing my school does not require that the class and the lab be taken simultaneously. so i don't understand why this particular class absolutely makes lecture and lab simultaneous. plus the classes in my school that do make you take them together just makes you register for one class but you go to both lab and class. this one lets you register separately but insists that you have to also register for the lab and the only way out is to talk to this guy. i don't understand why I have to drop with a W when there are no reasons for me to drop it?

He's annoying me greatly...

Why not just take the lab at the same time?...I mean you must have known when you signed up. (Not being mean, just wondering why you didn't worry about it beforehand).

The class is online and the lab isn't. I work and have too many other credits I have to get done this semester and just couldn't dedicate 4-5 hours of my schedule to actually being a lab and doing all the work outside the lab . But I needed a certain number of hours to fulfill financial aid requirements. This was the only science class online that I could squeeze in.

Why not just take the lab at the same time?...I mean you must have known when you signed up. (Not being mean, just wondering why you didn't worry about it beforehand).

The class is online and the lab isn't. I work and have too many other credits I have to get done this semester and just couldn't dedicate 4-5 hours of my schedule to actually being a lab and doing all the work outside the lab . But I needed a certain number of hours to fulfill financial aid requirements. This was the only science class online that I could squeeze in.

Are you taking a course overload or what?