Specific advice requested for re-application

Started by Jrami23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jrami23

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should re-apply this year or wait until I am strong enough credential-wise to have a definite chance to get it. I put my AMCAS in pretty late last year (mid-september) and didn't complete my applications until mid-december (i had an issue with a professor getting around to writing a letter for me). last year i had 1 wl and 1 hold.

I have a 3.3 overall, with a 3.1 science, 33P and 5+ years of research with a few abstracts and 2 papers and about 6 mo. worth of shadowing in an ER and with a cardiologist.

This year I have a new LOR from a prof whose class I took last semester (I'm already a college grad), another year of research, and 3 mo. shadowing of a cardiologist.

Any advice as to if I should re-apply and what I can do better this year? I have my AMCAS done and ready to submit pretty much. I'm just trying to get some opinions other than my premed advisors.

Thanks a lot!
 
Jrami23 said:
Hi all, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should re-apply this year or wait until I am strong enough credential-wise to have a definite chance to get it. I put my AMCAS in pretty late last year (mid-september) and didn't complete my applications until mid-december (i had an issue with a professor getting around to writing a letter for me). last year i had 1 wl and 1 hold.

I have a 3.3 overall, with a 3.1 science, 33P and 5+ years of research with a few abstracts and 2 papers and about 6 mo. worth of shadowing in an ER and with a cardiologist.

This year I have a new LOR from a prof whose class I took last semester (I'm already a college grad), another year of research, and 3 mo. shadowing of a cardiologist.

Any advice as to if I should re-apply and what I can do better this year? I have my AMCAS done and ready to submit pretty much. I'm just trying to get some opinions other than my premed advisors.

Thanks a lot!


if you have the money, i would definitely apply because i believe your experiences make you competitive. as always, the earlier the better. so if you're going to...do it soon. obviously, i'm not in yet, but this is just what i think. peace!