• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

MartletMD

O Canada...
Apr 22, 2011
Montreal, QC
Status
Pre-Medical
So I've been very intrigued with the idea of going to Ireland for medical school, for the experience and as a back-up plan against not getting into US/Canadian schools. :) I understand that should I choose to go to Ireland instead of attempting another cycle for the US, I'll probably be forgoing all highly-competitive specialties.

My question is this: if I went, could I anticipate getting an FM/IM spot in the US or Canadian Match? Time changes a lot of things, so I want you to let your imagination run wild. Best and worst cases for 2015 and beyond, and why you think they could happen. I think this could help others weighing their options, and me as well. And it might be interesting as time goes on to see who is right. :)

EDIT: Wow, totally slipped up typing. True title: Match Speculation. Could someone fix this? Thanks.

Lbgem

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My question is this: if I went, could I anticipate getting an FM/IM spot in the US or Canadian Match?
Check the thread at the top of the page - where we are now. And yes.

Last edited:
About the Ads