Speculati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MartletMD

O Canada...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been very intrigued with the idea of going to Ireland for medical school, for the experience and as a back-up plan against not getting into US/Canadian schools. :) I understand that should I choose to go to Ireland instead of attempting another cycle for the US, I'll probably be forgoing all highly-competitive specialties.

My question is this: if I went, could I anticipate getting an FM/IM spot in the US or Canadian Match? Time changes a lot of things, so I want you to let your imagination run wild. Best and worst cases for 2015 and beyond, and why you think they could happen. I think this could help others weighing their options, and me as well. And it might be interesting as time goes on to see who is right. :)

EDIT: Wow, totally slipped up typing. True title: Match Speculation. Could someone fix this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My question is this: if I went, could I anticipate getting an FM/IM spot in the US or Canadian Match?

Check the thread at the top of the page - where we are now. And yes.

Last edited: