Speeding ticket and veterinary school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Princess1243

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I was wondering if veterinary schools could see that you got a speeding ticket and could that impact the chances of you being accepted? I am applying to Kansas, UT, UGA, NC, Mississippi, and Ohio. I have never done anything bad before and I just got this speeding ticket at a speed trap.
 
No, definitely not. Schools are concerned with genuine crimes, not minor traffic infractions. I promise, once you get a little more experience in driving it won't seem so scary 😉
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lead foot extraordinaire over here.
I've had a few speeding tickets, one was via a camera right before I left the country for vet school.

I'm not encouraging speeding, but no a speeding ticket or two won't have any impact on your vet school acceptance. (As long as you don't turn the speeding into a felony...so as long as you weren't speeding away from the cops/ didn't injure anyone or leave the scene of an accident.)