Spinal Stenosis Question

Started by Jacads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jacads

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a CRNA student and I am writing a case study on a spinal stenosis on a 35 year old white female. MRI stated “L4-L5 bilateral facet hypertrophy which contributes to compromise of the canal, with a reduction in size to 11 millimeters in the anterior/posterior diameter, and 8 millimeters in the transverse diameter.” My question is I can't find what the normal diameters of the spinal canal would be for white female. Can someone tell me what the normal diameters are?


Thanks,

Jacads
 
I know the normal size of the spinal canal is about the circumference of a quarter. Hope this helps