spirometry practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peter90036

not out fishing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
not sure how HY this is but i have nightmares about how they'd ask something along the lines of:
"pt takes maximal inspiration then expires slowly, point to graph"
or
"pt takes maximal inspiration then expires slowly, how much/what volume is left in lungs"

any resources/practice questions on this topic?

Members don't see this ad.

Know your spirometer capacities and volumes, and what + what = what. Be able to add/subtract numbers given for each of these values.

Be prepared to interpret spirograms and PEF graphs, volume over time, etc. I spent too much time on FEV1 and not enough on these other versions of data presentation.

'tis why am looking for practice questions

without practice Qs i'd end up thinking too much and wasting time
:p

I'm sorry, I thought you were interested in knowing what you need to cover for Step 1. I didn't realize that you wanted me to find and post practice questions for you. Let me get right on that. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
alrighty then,
....must be more hot & humid in that closet you're hiding in than the 95F in my room....

where did i ask "GO FIND QUESTIONS FOR ME" ...?
i asked if someone had links/questions on hand.... thats what forums are for- lots of people- maybe some have resources others don't...

so, thanks!
I'll go re-google before Knicks jumps on my back too... j/k K :)