sports books

Started by topwise
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

topwise

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have any recommendations for any good, relatively easy, sports medicine books? (I didn't see any sports books in the sticky)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't own the book but have used it on several occasions. I don't remember it being 1000 pages. At least it didn't seem that long. It's well written and is a quick read. There are lots of illustrations and figures demonstrating anatomy, physical exam techniques, and rehabilitation exercises. The nicest part to me was section B which is Regional problems. Check out this sample from the chapter on anterior knee pain.

http://www.clinicalsportsmedicine.com/chapters/28.pdf
 
I don't remember it being 1000 pages.

" With over 1000 full color pages and a free patient information CD, Clinical Sports Medicine adopts an easy-to-use, symptom-oriented approach and describes multidisciplinary methods of treatment "

You are pretty convincing though. I may buy it even though I don't want to end up with another textbook I never use....